    endbbnm Guest

    HI there compliments of the season, does anyone know of an easy to use,
    xvid to dvd converter please? TIA

    endbbnm, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Jim @ UsableFreeware.com, Dec 22, 2005

  3. endbbnm

    endbbnm Guest

    Thanks sir! I am using it for burning torrent files I have downloaded-
    Is this the bets thing for this purpose?
    Happy new year

    endbbnm, Dec 22, 2005
  4. "endbbnm" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks sir! I am using it for burning torrent files I have downloaded-
    > Is this the bets thing for this purpose?

    If you mean videos you've downloaded via BitTorrent, yep.

    --
    Jim Allison
    Usable Freeware -- www.usablefreeware.com

    Jim @ UsableFreeware.com, Dec 23, 2005
  5. endbbnm

    endbbnm Guest

    I used it to burn a DVD however the film plays fine but the sound
    "mutes" every few seconds- I burnt as a NTSC version ,should it have
    been PAL? I am from UK, if that makes any diffrence

    endbbnm, Dec 23, 2005
  6. endbbnm

    M.L. Guest

    >does anyone know of an easy to use,
    >xvid to dvd converter please? TIA

    There shouldn't be any freeware apps that convert to the mpeg2 format
    needed for DVDs since royalty payments are required for such. However,
    I've learned of programs like QuEnc that do so. Perhaps they have
    worked something out regarding payments. I haven't looked at it in a
    while, but I remember it being very easy to figure out. In any case,
    see www.videohelp.com for help with conversions to DVD.

    M.L., Dec 23, 2005
  7. "endbbnm" <> wrote in message
    >I used it to burn a DVD however the film plays fine but the sound
    > "mutes" every few seconds- I burnt as a NTSC version ,should it have
    > been PAL? I am from UK, if that makes any diffrence

    Yes, NTSC is North America. England uses PAL.
    But those are only video modes, I think. Shouldn't have had any effect on
    the sound.

    Jim @ UsableFreeware.com, Dec 23, 2005
  8. endbbnm

    endbbnm Guest

    Ok- thanks genuinly for your help- its great to actually get advice ,
    and not a pisstake-consider me enlightened. Happy holidays

    endbbnm, Dec 24, 2005