Camper TV Woes

tdc

Reaction score
Hi
we are planning a trip to France in May for about 6 weeks in our camper van and want to watch the F1 races.
We have an Oyster auto satelite system which worked well in the past for UK TV. Since the coverage has been reduced we have a problem.
I can only think of watching German coverage (better than nothing). This is on a different satellite Astra 1 I believe.
I have a Humax Foxsat HD with Freesat receiver for watching UK TV.
Can I use the box to receive German TV.
Hoping someone has knowledge on this subject.
Thanks

Reaction score
I don't have a TV, and I have no idea if one can use your box to receive the BBC... I just use the BBC iPlayer ... don't tell them I watch TV for nothing. :)

I have a TV and the BBC know it. They also know that I don't pay for a license because I don't watch LIVE TV. You are allowed to use it for BBCiPlayer. It is classed as catch up TV and as such is not live. You do not need a License :D

I'm sure I'm just teaching you to suck eggs though Mucks. Maybe for someone else's benefit? ;)

Reaction score
Hi
we are planning a trip to France in May for about 6 weeks in our camper van and want to watch the F1 races.
We have an Oyster auto satelite system which worked well in the past for UK TV. Since the coverage has been reduced we have a problem.
I can only think of watching German coverage (better than nothing). This is on a different satellite Astra 1 I believe.
I have a Humax Foxsat HD with Freesat receiver for watching UK TV.
Can I use the box to receive German TV.
Hoping someone has knowledge on this subject.
Thanks

Have you tried looking at TV settings. It should give you option within Tuning for setting the district/country you are in. This should allow you to receive from another country within freeSAT range. Go check for it

Check out this chart see if it helps http://www.onastra.com/16665077/channels#!/channels

Ask a Question