CallerServices

Nina

I'm trying to process credit card payment from the mobile application using
PayPal API functions. When I make the call to the API "Direct Payment" (using
"DoDirectPaymentRequestType" object) from an instance of the class
"CallerServices" I get an error: "Could not load type
System.Threading.ReaderWriterLock from assembly mscorlib, Version 2.0.0.0".
I get that error only in mobile development (works fine in Windows
application).

Please if any help. I'm working on Windows CE platform, VS2005. The line of
the code that gives me an error:
CallerServices caller = new CallerServices();

Thank you.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Yes, that class does not exist in the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 or earlier.
Perhaps you have referenced an assembly that is a *desktop* (.NET Framework,
not .NET Compact Framework), assembly in your project?

Paul T.

Nina

Do you know if it’s possible to use PayPal SOAP API functions in Compact
Framework?
What SDK package do I need for that and what I can use instead of
CallerServices?

Thank you.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

I don't know what sequence of calls/classes you have to make, but the
SOAP-based API certainly seems complete. In your .NET CF project, choose
Add Web Reference, enter the address of the PayPal service, as given on the
PayPal Web site, and Visual Studio will build you the classes that PayPal
provides for your project. There is no CallerServices class, by the way...

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You're asking a bunch of people who are experts in the .NET Compact
Framework, how to use a specific API from a company not associated with the
newsgroup. You see? It would be like me asking you what requests I need to
make to, I don't know, map a given address to a satellite view of that
location using Virtual Earth. You *might* know that (although I
specifically denied knowing anything about PayPal), but what are the
chances?

As for trying to help, you've shown just the final call in a string of
operations that must, no doubt, occur to make the transaction happen. You
don't show the setup of the request object, which seems to be what the
DoDirectPayment() method is complaining about. I would guess that you
didn't set it up properly, so the service request can't send it.

I'm not using any OpenNETCF stuff, just the addition of a Web reference to
my project.

Paul T.

Nina said:
How can I execute SOAP request to get DoDirectPaymentResponseType
response?

I added PayPal sandbox Web Reference. I declared request variable as
DoDirectPaymentRequestDetailsType and build request.

When I try to execure request:
DoDirectPaymentResponseType response = service.DoDirectPayment(request);
I got an error that it has invalid arguments (Should I convert
DoDirectPaymentResponseType response to DoDirectPaymentReq type?)

References from PayPal:
public DoDirectPaymentResponseType
DoDirectPayment([System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Namespace =
"urn:ebay:api:payPalAPI")] DoDirectPaymentReq DoDirectPaymentReq)
{
object[] results = this.Invoke("DoDirectPayment", new object[]
{
DoDirectPaymentReq});
return ((DoDirectPaymentResponseType)(results[0]));
}

* For service I used OpenNETCF.Web.Services2 since I don't have
CallerServices and IAPIProfile that can be used in desctop applications.
Could be it done easier?

Please help. I'm really stuck here. Thank you.

Paul G. Tobey said:
I don't know what sequence of calls/classes you have to make, but the
SOAP-based API certainly seems complete. In your .NET CF project, choose
Add Web Reference, enter the address of the PayPal service, as given on
the
PayPal Web site, and Visual Studio will build you the classes that PayPal
provides for your project. There is no CallerServices class, by the
way...

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That's a question for PayPal. Not my area...

Paul T.

:

[...]

This is a code I'm using to buid request:

DoDirectPaymentRequestDetailsType req = new
DoDirectPaymentRequestDetailsType();
req.CreditCard = new CreditCardDetailsType();
req.CreditCard.CreditCardNumber = "111111111111111";
req.CreditCard.CreditCardType = CreditCardTypeType.Visa;
req.CreditCard.CVV2 = "111";
req.CreditCard.ExpMonth = 01;
req.CreditCard.ExpYear = 2010;
req.CreditCard.CardOwner = new PayerInfoType();
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Payer = "John Smith";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerID = "123";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerStatus =
PayPalUserStatusCodeType.unverified;
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerCountry = CountryCodeType.US;
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address = new AddressType();
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.Street1 = "123 Main St";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.Street2 = "";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.CityName = "White Plains";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.StateOrProvince = "NY";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.PostalCode = "10605";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.CountryName = "USA";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.Country = CountryCodeType.US;
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.Address.CountrySpecified = true;
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerName = new PersonNameType();
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerName.FirstName = "John";
req.CreditCard.CardOwner.PayerName.LastName = "Smith";
req.PaymentDetails = new PaymentDetailsType();
req.PaymentDetails.OrderTotal = new BasicAmountType();
req.PaymentDetails.OrderTotal.currencyID = CurrencyCodeType.USD;
req.PaymentDetails.OrderTotal.Value = "1.00";

DoDirectPaymentResponseType response = new
DoDirectPaymentResponseType();

How to execure that request? Do you have any sample?
Thank you.

Paul G. Tobey said:
I don't know what sequence of calls/classes you have to make, but the
SOAP-based API certainly seems complete. In your .NET CF project, choose
Add Web Reference, enter the address of the PayPal service, as given on
the
PayPal Web site, and Visual Studio will build you the classes that PayPal
provides for your project. There is no CallerServices class, by the
way...

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT
com> wrote in message That's a question for PayPal. Not my area...

Paul T.

[...]

REMEMBER, I KNOW ***NOTHING*** ABOUT PAYPAL!

You'd expect, I think, to get the response back from your call to
DoDirectPayment() on an object of type PayPalAPIAASoapBinding, potentially
with a variety of other pieces of that object set up, also. We're just
inferring what might be true here, though. Presumably, you have some sort
of a merchant agreement with PayPal and also presumably they will give you
some sort of sample information for using their services or some support
with questions like this one. The API is far too-complex to have any
reasonable chance to guess what might work, even if I were highly familiar
with "payment processing", which I'm not. Contact PayPal.

Paul T.

=