Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CoD MW2 was what? between 5 and 8 hours single player depending on how you played?

First CoD was what? about 12 - 15 hours long for single player?

So CoD MW3 single player will be what? Two hours long? :D lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The official Reveal trailer is out!!! :D

Must say, its does look rather good! Though i dont see any actual gameplay in it... Hmmm, we shall see.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call of Duty Elite to bring monthly subscription service to multiplayer

The trailer above confirms the long-rumoured Call of Duty premium subscription service. Call of Duty Elite is set to launch alongside Modern Warfare 3. It will add social networking features like Facebook integration, video sharing, friends lists, groups, competitive leaderboards and more to Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Some of these features, like the Facebook integration, will be free, others will require a monthly subscription fee. Activision haven’t announced which features will be paid-for just yet, and the amount of the monthly fee hasn’t been decided either. Activision insist that players won’t be forced to pay to play online.

The video above shows off a few of the new features, including peformance tracking software that shows players their effectiveness with each weapon on each map. Call of Duty Elite will go live with Modern Warfare 3, and will be be backwards compatible with Call of Duty: Black Ops. The Wall Street Journal report that new multiplayer maps could be released as part of the service as well.

VP of Call of Duty digital, Jamie Berger told the Wall Street Journal that seven million people play Call of Duty online for an average of seven whole days a year, which means a monthly sub could potentially make bazillions for Activision, if players are prepared to pay, that is. Would you pay a subscription fee for Call of Duty?
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/31/c...-monthly-subscription-service-to-multiplayer/

and

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 won’t have dedicated servers, perks and kill streaks detailed

Kotaku have been reporting more leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 information, shedding more light on Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer mode. As well as new kill streaks and individual perks, there will also be a series of team perks that will confer bonuses to every member of a side.

There’s some bad news, however. Kotaku say that “this latest Call of Duty still won’t support dedicated servers, instead relying on the hosted servers found in previous iterations of the game.” For an overview of why this is a problem, check out this analysis of host advantage in previous Call of Duty titles.

Still, there’s a silver lining. It looks as though Modern Warfare 2′s controversial tactical nuke that would instantly end a multiplayer game if one player got too many consecutive kills will be removed for Modern Warfare 3. Read on for a list of the new perks and kill streaks leaked to Kotaku.

Update: Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling has tweeted in response to the leak to say that “There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see.”
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/02/c...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Modern Warfare 3: Infinity Ward 'looking to support' dedicated servers

Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling has said the developer's considering introducing dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 3.

Speaking to Gamefront, Bowling said the studio's been "trying to reach out" to PC players recently.

"We had some of the [PC] guys come out to the studio a few weeks ago... We brought them here so they can see the stuff we're showing off. We're putting a lot of focus there, to make sure that our PC community has all the bells and whistles. So, the guys that have the powerhouse machines, that they can crank it up and enjoy the game."

Click to view larger image
Infinity Ward's currently focusing on ensuring "PC users can enjoy the game out-of-box, run it smooth, exactly how they expect", but it's planning to implement dedicated PC features later in the development cycle.

"I can't confirm anything yet, but right now we're having conversations about dedicated servers, mod tools and post launch support... In Modern Warfare 3 we added IWnet, which was all about matchmaking - with the plan to eventually add in dedicated servers.

"My ideal philosophy on the PC is to have matchmaking for the mass," he added. "Have matchmaking for the guys who just want to jump in, hit play game and start playing. But let's not lose that dedicated core audience that wants the dedicated server experience.

"We're looking at ways to incorporate that into Modern Warfare 3. We've been listening a lot to our PC guys who have been very vocal since Modern Warfare 2 about what they want to see come back to our versions of the franchise."

Check out 13 minutes of uninterrupted Modern Warfare 3 gameplay footage posted on the site yesterday.

[ Source: Gamefront ]

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ty-ward-looking-to-support-dedicated-servers/

I aint sold this will happen yet... :/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think they're just trying to make the right noises.

I'll believe it when it happens.

They're really only interested in making money and to that end will do whatever they can get away with to extract every last penny from the punter.

They whinge about piracy yet all those people are very well off indeed financially.

We shall see but for now - pah.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Multiplayer Reveal trailer, Actually looks terrible, hasn't moved on at all from MW2......

BF3 it is. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Would agree with you about graphics, probably exactly the same engine used for Black Ops.

However, the game play looks interesting but those trailers always seem to make games look better than they actually are.

I think the first part of that trailer was set near London Bridge railway station.

I have all the CoD games, even CoD3 on the Xbox though I can't enjoy the same fluidity as on PC with the gamepad. I must confess to enjoying every single player campaign and will probably buy this simply for that, though each new game seems to get shorter than it's predecessor.

I'm actually tempted by BF3 despite being stuck on BF2 SP and not understanding at all what I was supposed to do on MP. Why? Cos it looks so good, never mind all the hooha about EA & Steam and the high price, if a game is good it's worth getting.

Might make an effort with BF3 to understand MP this time.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BF3 MP is great when you get the hang of it, just don't try and play it like you would CoD or you will get cut down, and its even better if you play with mates while on voice comms, like Mumble or Ventrillo.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At my age I've only got one mate who plays computer games and he's usually down the pub when I play but I can see how the strategy in team player mode could work well.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
CoD MW2 was what? between 5 and 8 hours single player depending on how you played?

First CoD was what? about 12 - 15 hours long for single player?

So CoD MW3 single player will be what? Two hours long? :D lol

Here is a thought, you might just be getting better at gaming :fool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, a few weeks ago I played CoD2 through on normal level and completed it over three evenings which probably works out to between 6 and 8 hours of gameplay. I remember originally it took me about a month on and off. It did seem a lot easier.

Now, if only I could get past that level on BF2 SP... :wall:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Mw3 was taken at a different time of day. You can plainly see that by the big shadows. That was just too easy. :fool:

Reaction score
this looks good too ...

bf3 , mw3 and fm 2012 where will i get the time ...... ? sigh ...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So as you can see from my Steam sig, i cave in and bought it, from Amazon. (its Steamworks so installs to steam anyway)

Played yesterday with the Finchmeister, its not too bad, not great, and not really a step up from MW2, but a 'fun' shooter for a few hours or so....

No ranked servers again though, which annoys me, though i have a 40Mb down and 10Mb up line which means i'm usually the host! :p

Reaction score
I like it , as I said , it's a quick shooter , pick up and play .

I really want to hate either bf3 or mw3 so I can play the other all the time , but I like them both.

So little time .... Sigh

Ask a Question