Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ooh, thankee for that Squire :thumb: :)

I just mentioned in my Vista thread but I'm really enjoying playing through the single player version again. I never really took it in the first time around as several games all came out at once.

It really is quite superb.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So I patched and now all my Favourites have disappeared :D

In fact I can now only find four 'Free For All' servers that are populated.

I guess I'll have to give it a little while for all servers to update to 1.5.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont use the in game server browser that much. Xfire stores my favs and if i do play on a random server and like it i just add it to the list. :)

Will install patch today, as my clans servers are running 1.5 now.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A few updates for you all.......

The 1.6 patch is in testing should be with us some time this month. What it fixes and if and new maps are included is still unknown. :)

A DLC Map pack will be out in spring for consoles, and probably the pc too although this is still unconfirmed afaik. One of the maps will be Chinatown, a modern day reskined version of carentan!! :D :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=11&ch=4&sd=1

http://iwnation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29834&pid=271008&st=0&#entry271008

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/ca...topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I so hope we see these on the PC!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Status Report on PC Map Contest and Patch

I wanted to keep you guys in the loop on how the Map Contest is rounding out for all the PC mappers waiting to submit their maps. We had hoped to start accepting submissions by now but regretfully (as typically happens) the legal required participants to be US only which was unacceptable for us. So we’ve been working on making it open to worldwide participants which requires quite a bit more legal / contest rule work due to the different laws and regulations in each country.

We could have launched it and made it US only but I know we have a fantastic worldwide community of mappers that would have got severely screwed if it was that way and I won’t let that happen. So that’s what’s holding things up right now. The good news is submissions should be starting THIS WEEK as we’re in the final stages of chasing down our international legal department. Once we have it all confirmed, I hope to have the submission page linked here for you so you can start sending in your custom maps for the contest.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I’ll answer what I can.

As for the 1.6 patch which was going through test, we found a critical bug during QA which broke kill cams when playing with mods among other things which put a hold on it and put it back in development. We’re continuing to evaluate it and looking into releasing it when the map pack potentially hits PC. I’ll keep you updated as it progresses, but right now it won’t be coming out anytime soon while we track down this bug.

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/

:cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Great news! Heads up that the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack sponsored by NVIDIA will be available worldwide for our PC players next week on June 5th!

NVIDIA is making it possible for PC players to download the map pack for Free on the PC thanks to their sponsorship. In addition, expect to see quite a few promotions popping up leading up to the launch of the map packs on the 5th and beyond. I know NVIDIA has a lot of great things planned for PC users in addition to maps becoming available.

There’s going to be some PC specific previews going up online this weekend I believe that will cover how well the maps play on the PC version as well as some contests and promotions happening all next week. I’ll be posting up details on them as they get started all this week!

The Variety Map Pack includes four new maps for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer including Broadcast, Chinatown, Killhouse, and Creek.

In addition to the map pack hitting, PC Players will be receiving the 1.6 Patch for the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare that will add support for the new maps, fix a server crash exploit recently reported by the community, and a few additional features / bug fixes. I will post a full patch notes list next week.

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/

Oh, and feel free to come on =AgB= Clans servers, see sig. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
1.6 Patch is out!!!!!!

But......

Do not upgrade to the 1.6 patch until tomorrow as the server binaries will be released sometime tomorrow and then servers will run 1.6, otherwise you will not have any or only a few servers to play on. ;)

http://www.gamershell.com/news_52126.html

Description:
- New maps Creek, Chinatown, Broadcast, and Killhouse
- Hardcore and oldschool server browser filters
- Fix for a Denial of Service attack.
- Includes all the changes up to patch 1.5

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Heres the patch that fixes the 'cheats' bug in the game.....

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC Patch 1.7 Release

NOTES:
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to access certain console dvars during multi-player matches.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a Chinatown Sabotage match would go into over-time.
- Fixed a bug where the MP icons (Bomb, Defend, Capture, etc) were always showing up as English regardless of the install language.

*Please note. You must already have installed 1.6 to use 1.7

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1500

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm a bit crap :)

Which means when I take your lights out you feel the pain more acutely.

You know when you've been slipperied...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Promod?

Its a new mod that is trying to take over Bullet worms PAM4 mod as the competitive scenes fav.

PAM is good, no question, i enjoy playing on servers with out the heli-bot messing up the game. But this could be better, just a shame you cant use a custom ruleset.

List of features (compared to PAM 4.01)

Sounds and music
• All maps have ambient noise removed
• Leader dialog has been removed from the game
• Music has been removed from the game
• A neutral commentator has been added

Gameplay and Balancing
• The SMG class has been reduced in power
• The snipers hitboxes will now tag less
• The AWP fix has been implemented
• The nosway fix has been implemented
• Registration has been optimised for all classes
• Flash bangs now are more direction dependant
• The bomb can now be dropped in SD
• Knife automelee and lunge has been removed
• The shotgun grip was removed

Menu Optimisation
• The new promod controls have been distributed throughout the control, options and quick commands menus
• Weapons can now be ‘fast selected’ using the keyboard
• The Desert Eagle is now the default pistol for all classes
• The AK74u is now the default SMG
• The AK47 is now the default Assault Rifle
• Non-used features have been removed from the weapons menu
• You no longer have to flick into spectate to unlock classes

Visuals and FPS
• Guns now have camouflage available
• The field of view can now be increased to 90
• Camouflage can be removed using the new menus
• All maps have ambient particles and smoke removed
• Fog has been further reduced throughout the game
• The games desaturation has been removed, resulting in more colour
• Walls now contain less detail, improving fps and visibility
• The game no longer greyscreens inbetween rounds
• Player ‘bob’ has been removed when sprinting, e.g

Shoutcasting
• A new map overhead view is available
• (Action replays may be available)
• Scores are now given while shoutcasting
• Points awarded for events have been made more appropriate

Bug Fixes and Anti Cheating
• Timeouts will no longer break the defuse mechanism
• You can no longer view the whole map when connecting late
• The chances of IWD mismatch have been reduced
• The compass cheat is now always detected
• You can no longer free spectate without joining a team or going into shoutcast mode
• The server will now warn of ‘devmap’
• The ready up status indicator now correctly shows half time, overtime

Additional Improvements
• You can now kill during the ready up period
• You now receive accuracy data on request or at the end of the game
• The MR system will now accept any number
• Grenades are now unlimited during devmap

Want to try it for yourself? Try the server IP's below, Especially the Dignitas one. See if you still 'God' ;)

85.236.101.47:28960 (located in the United Kingdom)-> Multiplay.co.uk :: Infused Public Promod

85.236.101.99:29360 (located in the United Kingdom) -> Multiplay.co.uk :: Dignitas Promod Beta Server

77.74.194.130:28940 (located in the United Kingdom) -> nM-TDM Promod

**Be warned, that maps do look different! No fog like PAM and other graphical changes**

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We have another cool mod running on our servers atm, called GunGame.

Its FFA (DM) with a twist. You start with pistol and have to work you way up through the guns.

Its good fun for a laugh and is something different.

Heres the link to the makers forums page.
http://lepko.informe.com/forum/relea...e-v1-2-t7.html

If you want to try it, i have it running on one of our servers at 193.33.186.42:28967 or 193.33.186.42:28967 depending on if we're scrimming etc.

If you go into the game, hit the colsole key (` - next to the number one, above tab) and type or copy and paste.....

connect 193.33.186.42:28967 OR connect 193.33.186.42:28966 (depending on server)

into the console and hit enter.

feel free to join in. :)

Ask a Question