    Time Taken To attend Complaint =

    I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.

    Pls Help.

    hitesh, Apr 11, 2010

  2. hitesh

    OssieMac Guest

    Assuming the data is in row 2.

    Select all of column F and Using Number format set the following Custom
    format for column F

    [hh]"Hrs":mm"Mins"

    Enter the following formula in cell F2
    =(D2+E2)-(B2+C2)

    --
    Regards,

    OssieMac

    OssieMac, Apr 11, 2010

  3. hitesh

    OssieMac Guest

    You could also format column F the following way if you want it in Days Hrs
    and Mins

    d" Days" h" Hrs":m" Mins"

    Including the literal suffix avoids confusion as to how the answer is
    formatted.

    --
    Regards,

    OssieMac

    OssieMac, Apr 11, 2010
  4. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    Thanks For Replay

    But Formula not working.

    complaint attend after 3 days

    so result may be 30.30 Hrs

    Pls help

    hitesh, Apr 13, 2010
  5. hitesh

    OssieMac Guest

    The formula works perfectly for me and both formats work perfectly. Are you
    entering your dates and times correctly? Ensure that you have the date and
    time columns formatted correctly; particularly time columns so that you will
    be able to see if the times entered are correct. Suggest the following format
    for time columns.

    h:mm AM/PM

    With above format you should be able to enter 4:10 pm as 4:10 p and it
    should automatically change it to 4:10 PM. Note that a space is required
    before the p when entering.

    An after thought. In your regional area do you format times as I have shown.
    Perhaps you need to adjust the format to reflect your regional area.

    --
    Regards,

    OssieMac

    OssieMac, Apr 14, 2010
  6. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    Thanks
    Dianne.
    But its not working

    I saw, u send file to me, u wrote 08/05/2010, in compalint attend column,
    But Date is 11/4/2010, If i change 08/05/2010 to 11/04/2010 Result shows
    2214.30.

    Customer Complaint Date Complaint Time Complaint Attend Date Complaint
    Attend Time Total Time Taken
    Anil 08/04/10 4:00 PM 11/04/10 10:30 PM 2214:30

    pls help

    hitesh, Apr 18, 2010
  7. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    Dear
    Dianne.

    Complaint date Is 08/04/2010 (dd,mm,yy) And Complaint Attend Date is
    11/04/2010 (dd,mm,yy).

    pls help

    hitesh, Apr 20, 2010
  8. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    Dear

    My Location is INDIA. and iam using format Day,Month,Year

    hitesh, Apr 21, 2010
  9. hitesh

    hitesh Guest

    Thanks