c ant install 2000

tumbler

Cant install 2000 pro on computer
It says cant run from dos mode
any help? I put cd rom in and says cant run form dos
mode. have partioned and formatted.

THanx

Mike Terrill

tumbler,
How are you attempting to install the upgrade.
If you have an approved existing operating system (ie, Windows 98 to
Windows 2000 Pro) and want to upgrade this is simply done by putting the cd
in the drive. It will reconize that the cd has a newer version and give you
the option to upgrade.

Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639 for some
details.

Hope this has helped.