bxNewFolder

Zo

Zo said:
Use a hotkey to create a folder within Windows Explorer!

bxNewFolder adds a "New Folder" button to the toolbar of Windows
Explorer. It also provides a hotkey (F12) to create a new folder within
the Explorer quickly.
Windows 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP

Get it! Enjoy it! It's free for use at home! 391.9 KB

http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

http://www.baxbex.com/files/bxnewfolder.exe

Just like to know if anyone has had any success in making this app work? I
installed and reinstalled this about 3 times and I never see any new entry
added to the top of explorer wndow as shown in the screenshot nor does
pressing the F12 key work.
Would be a great time saver if it worked as described. ??????

Zo

Derald

Zo said:
Just like to know if anyone has had any success in making this app work?
IIRC, not I. The baxbex (or whatever-the-hell) shell extensions for
Irfanview work well on my win98 box but I use something else to provide
the create-new-folder function from the explorer context menu.

Zo

Derald said:
IIRC, not I. The baxbex (or whatever-the-hell) shell extensions for
Irfanview work well on my win98 box but I use something else to provide
the create-new-folder function from the explorer context menu.

Yeah, the Iview shell works well on my Win98SE system as well. Presently I use
a program named NewFolder 16, which requires a right click on a highlighted
folder. This one appears to eliminate the right click and doesn't appear to
need a highlighted folder to create new folders, but since I can't get to work,
I'll never know. I emailed the author, hopefully I'll get a response.

Zo

Mario Alvares

Hi Zo,

Zo said:
Just like to know if anyone has had any success in making this app work? I
installed and reinstalled this about 3 times and I never see any new entry
added to the top of explorer wndow as shown in the screenshot nor does
pressing the F12 key work.
Would be a great time saver if it worked as described. ??????

I've installed it, and its working as advertised. Both the Explorer toolbar
button, as well as the F12 key work fine.

I'm running WinXP, but that shouldn't be an issue because ReadMe.txt says
Win98 and higher are supported.

Regards,
Mario

Ron May

Message-ID said:
Just like to know if anyone has had any success in making this app work? I
installed and reinstalled this about 3 times and I never see any new entry
added to the top of explorer wndow as shown in the screenshot nor does
pressing the F12 key work.
Would be a great time saver if it worked as described. ??????

Zo

It works fine for me (WinXP Home) both the toolbar icon and F12 key.
Hope I'm not wasting your time in mentioning the obvious, but have you
checked Explorer's "View/Toolbars/Customize" menu to see if the "New
Folder" icon is in the "Available toolbar buttons" window? If so,
maybe all you have to do is add it.

Ron M.