Buying this baby!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
tbh it looks awful and a waste of money but thats just my opinion

what exactly are you after ?

Reaction score
Hmmm well i've lost it now so ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SONY-NW-A...ryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looking at that item now, the reason for sony is i already have a Sony HD3 player atm, and using Sonic Stage, and i have ALL my music on that format so it would be a million times easier using that format again to trasnfer it over so quickly etc.

I'm looking for a good looking, good featured, atleast 20GB (prefer 40GB) for alot of songs hehe

Good SOUNDING is important too, although earphones help alot with that which i have pretty much chosen the ones i will purchase along with the Mp3 if i'm getting one.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thought so, thats why i asked. Why do they insist on doing that!? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I actually don't mind sonicstage i find it very easy and simple to do and the sound quality is better for me anyways.

Hopefully recieve it tomorrow or the day after, i'll keep you updated!

Reaction score
Belloni said:
I actually don't mind sonicstage i find it very easy and simple to do and the sound quality is better for me anyways.

Hopefully recieve it tomorrow or the day after, i'll keep you updated!
Whats sonicstage?
Belloni i'm new to all these music players:blush:
Have only recently bought a Creative WMA Player.:blush: :blush:

Reaction score
Well basically, each company has their own format of player e.g Apple - iTunes/Sony - SonicStage etc etc.

Different formats for different players, iPod is Mp3, Sony's are Atrac3, which i think personally are better, you can convert them from mp3 to this format (it's needed anyways) to either a smaller size so you can get more on there, sacrificing the sound quality, or the full size with the best sound possible.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
mp3 is the best, it will play on anything.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Different formats for different players, iPod is Mp3,

Oh no it ain't, I-Pod is m4A

Which means when you buy from the I-Store, you can only play those tunes on an I-Pod or I-Tunes.

Which, to my mind, is a ripoff.

I personally have software which will convert m4A files to mp3 but not everyone has that.

I'm sorry to say this but the Sony Walkman series are utter rubbish.

I have three friends who've experienced nothing but problems with Sony mp3 players and one who literally threw a Sony Mini Disc player out the window cos the software was rubbish.

Sony are crap, full stop, my opinion, but there ya go.

As others have said, mp3 format is best.

Myself, I'd only consider:

I-Pod (with reservations but they look and sound great)
Creative Zen
Archos

Reaction score
Yeah what he said lol :)

Well, i do read people having problems but their using Connect (I use Sonicstage) which i've had no problems with whatsoever! So hopefully my luck will continue!

I hate ipods with a passion now, Zens are too big and never heard of Archos hehe

The only reason i'm getting a new new one is because i've dropped my one so many damn times it's literally coming apart, i have to hold it in a certain place to make sure it doesn't turn itself off! Then hope it stays like this! Hold button has come off etc, literally a heep of poo now! But served me very well in the time i've had it.

Hopefully have it on wednesday, i have no intention of using the software giving, but continue to use Sonicstage, so will keep you posted on how it goes!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, Good luck with it anyway, let us know how you get on.

I love my 30Gb I-Pod to bits actually, although I'm aware of it's drawbacks.

I got portable music and three locations where I live I can plug it into. Clock-Radio (I-Home) in the bedroom and two docking stations into Hi-Fis, one in the living room, one in the kitchen.

Only thing that really really niggles me about I-Pod is no easily swappable battery, bang out of order, that one.

Oh, and no radio, no record function, like the Zen.

Other than that, everything is great. It sounds superb, looks superb and the movies look great :)

Ask a Question