Business Fax in contacts, ldap tie-in

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a bear of an issue. We're running Windows 2000 native AD, Exchange 2003 SP2 with appropriate schema changes, and Outlook 2003. I wrote up a perl cgi to allow our users to update their own contact info. The cgi works great, but in testing it my coworker found something strange. For Business Fax, my script was updating the "facsimileTelephoneNumber" attribute. This shows up properly in the User Properties Phone/Notes tab in Outlook as "Fax:". But if I try to add a given user to my contacts, it comes up with "Business Fax" unpopulated, and assumes the facsimileTelephoneNumber is "Other Fax".

Doing some googling, Outlook 5 supposedly used to map "officeFax" or "facsimileTelephoneNumber" (in that order) to "Business Fax". Every other reference I can find on the subject says "facsimileTelephoneNumber" is currently supposed to translate to "Business Fax". Also, in our schema there is no "officeFax" attribute defined.

Boiling this down, does anyone know what LDAP attribute Outlook currently uses to populate "Business Fax" in the new contact form? Thank you.

--Ben Scott
San Francisco, CA

Ask a Question