Business Contact Manager will not install and corrupts profile

L

Lon

On a working system attached to a Small Business Server, Business contact
manager data was shared. Then the BCM files were moved. Even though the
files were moved back the BCM would no longer work. I then uninstalled it.
That corrupted the Outlook profile. I created a new profile. That was fine.
Now when I start Outlook it runs the BCM install wizard. If I choose to
install BCM from the wizard or any other way it corrupts the profile once
again. I need to get the BCM back up so I can restore the data.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

E

Emily Lin

Hi,

This issue appears to be related to BCM. This inquiry is best to be posted in the BCM newsgroup (Microsoft.public.outlook.bcm). Thanks
so much for your understanding. I am happy to provide some personal suggestions on this issue for your reference. Hope it is helpful.
---------------------
This issue may be caused that there is problem with the original BCM database which you removed and move back. Please create a new
Outlook profile and then follow the wizard to create a new BCM database. Is it working fine? If the new created BCM database also
corrupted the Outlook profile, please go to Control Panel > Add or remove Programs > uninstall the BCM for Outlook 2007. And then
reinstall it.

It if works fine with a new BCM database, this issue is caused that the original database was corrupted. Created a new data base and
renamed the old .mdf and .ldf files to the new data base. Check if it is integrated fine.

By default, when you create a new BCM database, the database file (MSSmallBusiness.mdf and MSSmallBusiness.ldf) is stored in the
folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Business Contact Manager

If you have further question about BCM, please post it in the BCM newsgroup.

Happy weekend!

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
====================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

Ask a Question