Windows XP burnt cd

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i need to copy a cd that my sisters friend burnt but my pc cant find the music on the cd, when you look at the disc you can see that information has been burnt onto it but it doesnt start at the middle it starts about half a centimetre in. is there any way of getting my pc to find the music so it can be copied?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
heres a pic if it helps

Attachments

• CD.JPG
    CD.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 750

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Can your PC play it?

If not then try another medium.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
no it thinks it a blank disc and it doesnt play in my stereo either is there a way of making the drive search the disc more than it usually does?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
no it thinks it a blank disc and it doesnt play in my stereo either is there a way of making the drive search the disc more than it usually does?
Not that I know of, except for trying it in a different drive or player. I'm curious, how do you know exactly where the laser is reading the disc? Me puzzled :confused:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Not that I know of, except for trying it in a different drive or player. I'm curious, how do you know exactly where the laser is reading the disc? Me puzzled :confused:
I think he means that the disc has been burnt dodgey/weird somehow. The CD writer seems to have missed the start of the disc and started burning from about a centimetre in :/. So when he puts the disc in, nothing will read it, because all cd players an cd drives start from the errr start of the disc +_+.

I have never seen this happen before, extrememly bizarre! I doubt you'll ever be able to get that data off the disc.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I think he means that the disc has been burnt dodgey/weird somehow. The CD writer seems to have missed the start of the disc and started burning from about a centimetre in :/. So when he puts the disc in, nothing will read it, because all cd players an cd drives start from the errr start of the disc +_+.

I have never seen this happen before, extrememly bizarre! I doubt you'll ever be able to get that data off the disc.
Aha, gottit. Understand now, thanks reef. Odd indeed.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats it exactly reef, is there a way of sorting it or is the disc gonna become another coaster for my desk?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
thats it exactly reef, is there a way of sorting it or is the disc gonna become another coaster for my desk?
Personally i dont see how you will be able to use that disc in anyway. As i said earlier in normal circumstances a CD player, drive or what ever will read a disc from the start, and if it sees nothing at the start it acts as if the disc is blank :(.

So i guess you just got another coaster to the collection.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't suppose it's worth covering the first part of the CD (inner circle) with a magic marker, so laser skips that part?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i was hoping that there migh be a software aproach, but it seems i have another coaster for the desk, i should get another disc to copy the track off in a couple of days so its not that important just wondered if there was a way of getting the song without having to get another copy.

thanks for your help anyway

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i dunno some song that they do a dance too, their cheerleaders for the university american football team

Ask a Question