    The cd plays on the computer but not our dvd player.
    I have read that cd's recorded in the data setting will not play so what can
    I use besides the Windows Media Player to record with?

    confused, Feb 12, 2008

  2. confused

    John Guest

    confused wrote:
    > My first post had an error. I downloaded my camcorder video to Windows Movie
    > Maker not Media Player.
    > I did then burn it to a cd using the Media Player in the data setting as
    > that was all that was available, there was not a video option.
    > The cd plays on the computer but not our dvd player.
    > I have read that cd's recorded in the data setting will not play so what can
    > I use besides the Windows Media Player to record with?

    Try this Freeware program:

    http://www.dvdflick.net/

    Hope it helps,
    John.

    John, Feb 12, 2008

  3. "John" <> wrote in message
    > confused wrote:
    >> My first post had an error. I downloaded my camcorder video to Windows
    >> Movie Maker not Media Player. I did then burn it to a cd using the Media
    >> Player in the data setting as that was all that was available, there was
    >> not a video option.
    >> The cd plays on the computer but not our dvd player.
    >> I have read that cd's recorded in the data setting will not play so what
    >> can I use besides the Windows Media Player to record with?
    >>

    > Try this Freeware program:
    >
    > http://www.dvdflick.net/

    I tried it on my daughter's recommendation and it worked fine for me.

    But it doesn't add any menus. I am still struggling with my video software
    (ULead Movie Factory 3.5) to do this. It used to but now it doesn't. When I
    get my enthusiasm back, I try again.

    I too would be grateful if anyone can show me how to do this successfully
    --
    Trevor Lawrence
    Canberra

    Trevor Lawrence, Feb 12, 2008
  4. confused

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor Lawrence wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> confused wrote:
    >>> My first post had an error. I downloaded my camcorder video to
    >>> Windows Movie Maker not Media Player. I did then burn it to a cd
    >>> using the Media Player in the data setting as that was all that was
    >>> available, there was not a video option.
    >>> The cd plays on the computer but not our dvd player.
    >>> I have read that cd's recorded in the data setting will not play so
    >>> what can I use besides the Windows Media Player to record with?
    >>>

    >> Try this Freeware program:
    >>
    >> http://www.dvdflick.net/

    > I tried it on my daughter's recommendation and it worked fine for me.
    >
    > But it doesn't add any menus. I am still struggling with my video
    > software (ULead Movie Factory 3.5) to do this. It used to but now it
    > doesn't. When I get my enthusiasm back, I try again.
    >
    > I too would be grateful if anyone can show me how to do this
    > successfully

    ====================================
    Maybe the following site will be useful:

    DVD Creation
    http://www.remember-christopher.dostweb.com/Wojos_Web/DVD/DVD.htm
    (for Ulead info...click...Movie Factory...in the left pane)

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Feb 13, 2008
  5. "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > Maybe the following site will be useful:
    >
    > DVD Creation
    > http://www.remember-christopher.dostweb.com/Wojos_Web/DVD/DVD.htm
    > (for Ulead info...click...Movie Factory...in the left pane)

    Thanks, John
    I have looked at this site and while it gives useful info on how one
    normally does things, it doesn't answer my query as to why I can't get the
    s/w to work as I want (and as it used to )

    Wojo has not replied to my Email query so perhaps the site is no longer
    active

    Trevor Lawrence, Feb 17, 2008
  6. confused

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor Lawrence wrote:
    > Thanks, John
    > I have looked at this site and while it gives useful info on how one
    > normally does things, it doesn't answer my query as to why I can't
    > get the s/w to work as I want (and as it used to )
    >
    > Wojo has not replied to my Email query so perhaps the site is no
    > longer active

    ====================================
    Truth is...I'm not sure what your question is.

    If you have a completed movie file and wish
    to create a DVD...maybe the following freeware
    will work for you:

    DVD Flick
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

    Be sure to read the Guide:
    http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

    Good luck.

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Feb 17, 2008
  7. "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > Truth is...I'm not sure what your question is.

    Sorry, John

    The problem is simple

    In the past I have used ULEad to create movies on DVD+RW, complete with
    menus. These DVDs play on both PC and DVD player - I have 4 or 5.of these.

    Now, when I try it, I can't create a DVD at all. I can go through all the
    processes to create the DVD but it seems to fail at the output stage. So I
    wrote the files to HDD and then copy them to DVD (using Paragon CD-DVD
    Recorder) The result is a DVD that plays only on the PC.

    I want to get back to the status quo, i.e. create a DVD with menus using
    ULead and play this DVD on the DVD player

    > If you have a completed movie file and wish
    > to create a DVD...maybe the following freeware
    > will work for you:
    >
    > DVD Flick
    > http://www.dvdflick.net/
    >
    > Be sure to read the Guide:
    > http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

    Thanks. I have used DVD Flick and it works (Hooray !) but without menus.

    I am frustrated that this seems to be my only option, especaily considering
    that I have a valid copy of Ulead.

    (I will peruse the guide to see if it contains any info about menus, but I
    am not hopeful)

    Trevor Lawrence, Feb 17, 2008
  8. confused

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor Lawrence wrote:
    > "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    >> Truth is...I'm not sure what your question is.
    >>

    > Sorry, John
    >
    > The problem is simple
    >
    > In the past I have used ULEad to create movies on DVD+RW, complete
    > with menus. These DVDs play on both PC and DVD player - I have 4 or
    > 5.of these.
    > Now, when I try it, I can't create a DVD at all. I can go through all
    > the processes to create the DVD but it seems to fail at the output
    > stage. So I wrote the files to HDD and then copy them to DVD (using
    > Paragon CD-DVD Recorder) The result is a DVD that plays only on the
    > PC.
    > I want to get back to the status quo, i.e. create a DVD with menus
    > using ULead and play this DVD on the DVD player

    ===================================
    Doesn't sound simple to me. In my experience
    RW media can be troublesome...especially for
    video.

    Sometimes the best solution is to reinstall
    Windows and start over again. Or at the very
    least...uninstall ULead / download any available
    updates and reinstall.
    ===================================
    >> If you have a completed movie file and wish
    >> to create a DVD...maybe the following freeware
    >> will work for you:
    >>
    >> DVD Flick
    >> http://www.dvdflick.net/
    >>
    >> Be sure to read the Guide:
    >> http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php
    >>

    > Thanks. I have used DVD Flick and it works (Hooray !) but without
    > menus.
    > I am frustrated that this seems to be my only option, especaily
    > considering that I have a valid copy of Ulead.
    >
    > (I will peruse the guide to see if it contains any info about menus,
    > but I am not hopeful)

    ===================================
    At least something works...

    Good luck finding the solution you require.

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Feb 18, 2008
  9. "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > Trevor Lawrence wrote:
    >> "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Truth is...I'm not sure what your question is.
    >>>

    >> Sorry, John
    >>
    >> The problem is simple
    >>
    >> In the past I have used ULEad to create movies on DVD+RW, complete
    >> with menus. These DVDs play on both PC and DVD player - I have 4 or
    >> 5.of these.
    >> Now, when I try it, I can't create a DVD at all. I can go through all
    >> the processes to create the DVD but it seems to fail at the output
    >> stage. So I wrote the files to HDD and then copy them to DVD (using
    >> Paragon CD-DVD Recorder) The result is a DVD that plays only on the
    >> PC.
    >> I want to get back to the status quo, i.e. create a DVD with menus
    >> using ULead and play this DVD on the DVD player

    > ===================================
    > Doesn't sound simple to me. In my experience
    > RW media can be troublesome...especially for
    > video.
    >
    > Sometimes the best solution is to reinstall
    > Windows and start over again. Or at the very
    > least...uninstall ULead / download any available
    > updates and reinstall.

    Well, the problem is simple but the solution may not be.

    I can't see what good reinstalling Windows would do (apart from the fact
    that I would not know how to do that safely). I have reinstalled Ulead at
    least twice

    I have now gone through all the hoops in ULead again. (Remembering what to
    do isn't easy, but I seemed to get it right.)

    Then I inserted a DVD+RW with data on it and selected "Erase Disc" "Format
    DVD+RW" and "Create DVD Folders"

    Ulead went through all the operations. It gave the message "Disk not ready"
    (or some such) but it wrote these to disk:
    1 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS 3475898368 File folder
    2 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VIDEO_TS.BUP 32768 File
    3 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VIDEO_TS.IFO 32768 File
    4 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VIDEO_TS.VOB 327680 File
    5 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_0.BUP 65536 File
    6 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_0.IFO 65536 File
    7 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_1.VOB 1024546816 File
    8 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_2.VOB 1024512000 File
    9 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_3.VOB 1024282624 File
    10 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_4.VOB 402032640 File

    Properties on the DVD showed free space = zero, even though it had been
    erased and reformatted.

    This is where I got to before. What I then did was to erase the DVD and then
    write the above files to DVD using Paragon CD-DVD Recorder. The result was a
    DVD which played on the PC but not on the DVD player

    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. (It is driving me mad)

    Trevor Lawrence, Feb 20, 2008
  10. confused

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor Lawrence wrote:
> [...]

    > VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_0.IFO 65536 File
    > 7 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    > VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_1.VOB 1024546816 File
    > 8 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    > VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_2.VOB 1024512000 File
    > 9 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    > VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_3.VOB 1024282624 File
    > 10 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Ulead
    > VideoStudio\8.0\VIDEO_TS VTS_01_4.VOB 402032640 File
    >

    > Properties on the DVD showed free space = zero, even though it had
    > been erased and reformatted.
    >
    > This is where I got to before. What I then did was to erase the DVD
    > and then write the above files to DVD using Paragon CD-DVD Recorder.
    > The result was a DVD which played on the PC but not on the DVD player
    >
    > CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. (It is driving me mad)

    =================================
    You are having so many issues I hesitate to
    give you advice because I think it will just get
    worse.

    FWIW...(just my opinion) I never use RW media.
    I have found that using DVD-Rs right off the
    spindle gives me the best results.

    What good would reinstalling XP do? With all
    the installing / uninstalling / errors...etc...files
    can get so corrupted that they just cannot be
    sorted out. If you decide to try it...be sure to
    backup all of your personal files before you
    proceed... and if you are not familiar with
    reinstalling Windows...have an expert to do
    it for you.

    All I can say is good luck on what ever you
    decide to do.

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP