Building a bog standard web site - advice

Reaction score
My nephew has just started up a roofing business in Brighton and has asked me to build him a web site.

I would welcome any advice (ISP's etc.) and tips etc. please, since I am very much an amateur at this.

I have dreamweaver 3

Reaction score
I had my website hosted with easily.co.uk last year.
Easy to set up and run & it was resonably cheap to do.
Who's his domain name with at the moment as the company may have good hosting prices?

Reaction score
feckit said:
I had my website hosted with easily.co.uk last year.
Easy to set up and run & it was resonably cheap to do.
Who's his domain name with at the moment as the company may have good hosting prices?

We have not started yet. I am just putting feelers out at the moment.

Reaction score
Ian may be a good person to have some input into this after all he's done a good job here!

I think for the .co.uk domain name + webhosting for a year i paid under £50.
The site was basic but it did the job i set it up for and was well put together.
It does depend on how flashy you want to make it, as most hosting companies have their own templates that you can work from to add more to your site. The cost can add up when your start including an email address etc.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I also use easily.co.uk for the pcreview.co.uk domain, however I've started to use godaddy.com for domains recently. I also know someone who uses Godaddy for hosting and is pleased with them. Both seem like good choices :)

Reaction score
Thanks Ian :-D

My nephew was also asking, how to go about making sure that his site has good coverage on the web, bearing in mind that he has many competitors. Any tips please?

Reaction score
Plenty of website coming every day and today it is easy to promote website, you may get plenty of seo service provider giving you best service to get you traffic, moreover you can get service from *Removed - V_R* providers as they have many packages to get traffic for the site, you can select as per your budget.

My WOT (Web of Trust) lists this as a "Forum Spammer". However, the comment came from a the only reviewer there. Comment?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep,. thats a spammer. Banned. :)

Ask a Question