Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Personal Video Recorder :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Unfortunately they've sold out :(

That's something I would have found quite easy to do (true geek status ;) ).

Not that I need a PVR, I gotta twin digital tuner in my media PC and lottsa hard disk space where I can do that. Not that I've actually tried it yet, I must get round to doing that.

That was a good buy, for sure.

I took a good look around Big Pockets though and their stuff ain't exactly top of the range is it? ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They got some 4 GB pen drives for around £10 which would be handy for Linux distros coupled with Moka5 Bare Engine .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
They got some 4 GB pen drives for around £10 which would be handy for Linux distros coupled with Moka5 Bare Engine .

happywave.gif

£8.49

By the way, Rush...........as an Evertonian your username makes me quiver with fear.
Thank goodness he ain't still playing
laughingsmiley.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't start a thread here?

Anyway, thought some may find this of interest:

Samsung TFT 22 inch

Offer apparently valid for a week, according to the email I received.
Would snag one if I could. :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Vaio
By the way, Rush...........as an Evertonian your username makes me quiver with fear.
Thank goodness he ain't still playing
laughingsmiley.gif

Its the Rock Group...so relax...The Team is Stoke City FC..and we are after you :)

Reaction score
I remember when Stoke were in the big league,would be good to see you back :thumb:..........Exit stage left :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looking at that PVR offer, it looks as though you need the case front and case lid as well, which brings it to £15.00.

And then you need a remote control as I doubt if all functions can be accessed from front panel and that will probably cost at least a tenner. And then you're not even sure if it would work.

If you have a 40, 80 or 160Gb PATA HDD lying about all well and good but if not add another £20.00

Total is around £50.00 with postage and then you're not even sure if it's going to work.

How much is one of those things new?

Vaio: I got that e-mail about the Samsung 22" as well, I use one of those with my main rig and it's a superb piece of kit.

At £168.00 inc. it's a steal.

I am seriously considering getting another for my other two machines to replace my Samsung 205BW 20" widescreen. As I'd likely get at least £60.00 for my old monitor at £108.00 I'm sorely tempted.

Trouble is, I'm somewhat impecunious atm so it would be a credit card jobbie :(

Still tempted though....

Reaction score
Flops, does your 20" have dual inputs?
Pup may be interested in a deal :)

EDIT: Lets not discuss it here right now.
If you are selling though let me know at the time and I'll see if I can swing the funding.:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
vaio said:
Flops, does your 20" have dual inputs?
Pup may be interested in a deal :)

EDIT: Lets not discuss it here right now.
If you are selling though let me know at the time and I'll see if I can swing the funding.:)

Now hang on a bit here :lol: I was only thinking out loud, lol ;)

It does have DVI and VGA inputs but as far as I know it's not dual channel.

Full spec and current price of £169.00 Here

If I were to sell it - and that's a distinct possibility - it has original box; manuals; CD; DVI & VGA leads and it's in perfect condition. And no dead pixels. It's about 16 months old.

I think I could realise more than £60.00 for it and I kinda regret opening my mouth earlier, so to speak :D

And postage would be about a tenner I suppose. Or I could deliver if you're fairly near the Greenwich borough of London.

If you're seriously interested then PM me with an offer or a refusal.

Reaction score
If you want more for it just use your mod skills and delete posts :p
Just PM me if/when you decide to sell and I'll see what I can do.

Nowhere near Greenwich, I'm in Devon :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Flops
Looking at that PVR offer, it looks as though you need the case front and case lid as well, which brings it to £15.00.

And then you need a remote control as I doubt if all functions can be accessed from front panel and that will probably cost at least a tenner. And then you're not even sure if it would work.

Its a challenge..the front and lid..aint you ever seen Blue Peter and i dont use a remote , don`t take no effort to get up and press buttons m8..Remote controls are for beer bellied counch loungers not supreme athletes like myself :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Only remote control I actually use is for my CD player, tbh.

I mentioned the remote as all the PVR's I've seen have very limited functions on the front control panel.

I think I'll download the pdf manual and have a perusal.

Blue Peter? Is it possible to make a front panel from egg boxes and cotton reels? ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, it would appear most, if not all, functions can be acessed from the front panel.

So, even for £40.00 this would be a good buy.

After a very brief search, cheapest PVR I can find is This One at £90.00. And Richer Sounds have an 80Gb model for £120.00.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well its arrived so will keep you all updated :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
Well its arrived so will keep you all updated :wave:

Really? I hadn't realised you'd actually bought one.

Did you get the model with or without the remote? And how much was postage?

I'm still tempted but I honestly don't need one tbh, not with my Hauppage twin tuner in the media PC capable of record/playback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And on the subject of Monitors mentioned above:

Vaio, I've decided to hang on to my 20" Samsung and not buy another 22" Pebble Monitor.

The reason being what is really top of my list is a 32" TFT TV.

I keep telling myself I can't afford one but if I stop buying lots of little things then the theory should be that eventually I will have enough money for one big thing - the telly :)

Well, that's the theory ;)

Richer Sounds are now doing a nice Samsung 32" with PC input for £430.00 Link so they're coming down in price.

Reaction score
Flops, understood.

Oh and I'm well acquainted with that theory too :D

Ask a Question