Browser redirection

Bubba

Sometimes i type in a website address or click a link that
wont open or doesnt exist. instead of my browser
displaying the page saying action cancelled or this page
doesnt exist, my browser redirects to www.perfectnav.com.
how can i stop this and is there a bug on my PC?

Mike Burgess

Bubba,
"is there a bug on my PC"
Bug, no .... but you have "Parasite.KeenValue" (aka: PerfectNav)
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 02-18-04]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

Bubba

hi. i tried the safer-networking site and the spybot
didnt remove the perfectnav.com thing. what should i do??

Afterwards, visit Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm for security tips and other useful
information.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Bubba" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Sometimes i type in a website address or click a link that
wont open or doesnt exist. instead of my browser
displaying the page saying action cancelled or this page
doesnt exist, my browser redirects to www.perfectnav.com.
how can i stop this and is there a bug on my PC?

.

Mike Burgess

Bubba,
"i tried the safer-networking site and the spybot didnt remove the
perfectnav.com thing"
SpyBot Support Forum:
http://www.net-integration.net/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 02-24-04]