    the cost and fuss of ink cartridges. I am willing to settle for a black and
    white printer.

    Bill

    Repeating Rifle, Jun 15, 2005

  2. RR --

    I'm using a sister machine, the MFC-8840D. It's six months old, and I just
    added the optional second paper tray. While I would not use the machine as a
    production copier, for regular document printing, its outstanding. I find
    the duplex option very useful for printing documents which will be punched
    and carried in 3-ring binders.

    Scanning and fax are also excellent.

    "Repeating Rifle" <> wrote in message
    > I would like to know how well poeople like the Brother MFC-8440 machine.

    Is

    news.verizon.net, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Repeating Rifle

    bookrats Guest

    I'm looking between the Brother MFC-8440 and the HP 3020 (the HP lacks
    the fax capability, but I'm not interested in this feature)

    Both have generally good reputations, but Brother appears (from the
    reviews I've been reading) to have a better track record with Mac
    printer/faxing/scanning drivers.

    Can anyone verify or deny this?

    BTW, according to a review on Amazon.com, on the MFC-8440D (with Duplex
    capability), the duplex printing is limited to 600dpi. Non-duplex is
    higher.

    bookrats, Jun 21, 2005