Bought new mobile at last!

Reaction score
Yes V_R, we have had this discussion before, but finally i have bought a new mobile!
It's a Nokia C3-01 through o2 with a 4GB card, took a while to decide but now all done. Going to go onto a simplicity 12 months contract in the next few weeks.

Thanks to V_R, Sir Flopps & others for their advice on the subject.:thumb:

Reaction score
Im on Simplicity

Came down from a 12 month contract and get a really good deal cos ive been with them for almost 7years

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nokia's themselves aint that bad, its that POS Symbian that lets them down...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nokia's themselves aint that bad, its that POS Symbian that lets them down...

I'm just funnin. I only use me phone for emergencies and a bit of work as the darn screens are too small for me .

:lol:

Reaction score
My last mobile lasted me 3.5 years & was used daily.
The new one is fun to get used to, is better on the battery power & even i'm getting used to it and i have only had it 24hours, last one took me about 1 year!!!:blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I last had a Nokia about 2003 I think, damn sight better than Sony is my only real memory.

I also made a final choice, tailored by budget rather than what I really wanted, cut my cloth according to my needs so to speak.

So I have an HTC Wildfire for 2 years now. If I was a real script kiddy who had to have the latest I might be a little upset. But I'm not, I like me new toy and if my fortunes change I'm sure I can negotiate a reasonable upgrade to a better model after a year with Virgin.

I do have to say, though, my new phone sure nuff look the business but it's bloody confusing, only figured out where the back button was yesterday, lol

And I've also only just realised the desktop overlaps the screen by about three quarters, which is why I can only see a quarter of my desktop pic.

Plus I can't figure out how to browse the net at all :confused:

I can connect onto my home wireless network no probs but then I can't connect to Virgin's home page.

Maybe it'll take me some time to figure out but to be honest up to this point I prefer my old prehistoric Samsung and that's the truth.

Everybody tells me it will come together and I'll apreciate my new technology. We shall see, we shall see.

Reaction score
Now on a 12 month contract with Simplicity.:D
It's a good deal for me & will mean i pay less than i was on PAYG.

Reaction score
My wife and I bought our selves a Samsung E250 `phone. That took us a bit of time working it out.There is a lot more on it that we have no idea how to work it. We use it as a basic `phone and we pay as we go,no contracts for us.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am slowly, very slowly, getting to grips with this thing.

Today I actually worked out how to delete a text message. Yippee.

I think I may actually be getting old cos this phone is a definite brain-****

As yet I haven't actually successfully answered one phone call, dunno what I'm doing wrong but I keep managing to cut every caller off.

Because of that I want to extend ring time before answer service cuts in. Can I find where to do that? Nope.

Mixed feelings about this thing, definitely. I don't want a mini computer, just something that works as a phone, camcorder, camera and mp3 player would be just fine.

Reaction score
Very happy so far, the phone does everything i want it to do.:D
Surfing the net, checking emails and the odd game, yes even i sometimes play games!:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Glad you're happy, I think I actually hate mine :mad:

I shouldda got a Blackberry methinks.

And never, ever, trust reviews.

I can't even figure out how to send a text. I do what it says but it doesn't work.

Yesterday I discovered that little thing I thought was a camera lens is actually a trackball. So that's how you move the cursor.

I thought I was au fait with technology but this thing's got me beat.

Reaction score
The mobile has what i need in both a touch screen & a normal key pad.:thumb:
I'm learning each day something new with it & i can now get my emails on the move to. Even surfed pcreview whilst out the other day and it worked well.:)

My friends 13yr old was advising me on which mobile to buy as she thinks i'm a dinosaur when it comes to new mobiles, she is partly right as i had no idea what to go for!:blush:

Reaction score
:thumb:Well done feckit you are a lot better with the darn things than I am. When I retired last year I bought myself a pay as you go one spent £10 used it for a couple of weeks until the £10 ran out, put it away and haven't used it again. If any one wants me I have got a land line phone, email and her indoors with one. If it is so important any one can contact by those methods or of course by Royal Mail. Blow modern technology. (notice I was quite reserved on the profanity) Baah Humbug:D

Ask a Question