Bmp to jpg?

Ed

Anyone know of a means to convert BMP files to JPEG files? I have tried the
obvious (displaying the bmp image and "saving as" JPG) and it doesn't seem
to work with my image software. Advice please. TIA.

Lennart

Op Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:33:43 GMT schreef Ed:
Anyone know of a means to convert BMP files to JPEG files? I have tried the
obvious (displaying the bmp image and "saving as" JPG) and it doesn't seem
to work with my image software. Advice please. TIA.

Maybe it's more clear for us to tell wich software you've tried.

Irfanview Can do the job, even in a batch.

Will McGugan

Ed said:
Anyone know of a means to convert BMP files to JPEG files? I have tried the
obvious (displaying the bmp image and "saving as" JPG) and it doesn't seem
to work with my image software. Advice please. TIA.

I'm sure I wont be the only one to recommend 'Irfanview'..

http://www.irfanview.com/

Will McGugan

Bob Adkins

Anyone know of a means to convert BMP files to JPEG files? I have tried the
obvious (displaying the bmp image and "saving as" JPG) and it doesn't seem
to work with my image software. Advice please. TIA.

My favorite (because it's easy) is FastStone Image Viewer

André Gulliksen

Bob said:
My favorite (because it's easy) is FastStone Image Viewer

Seconded.

That being said, there's a handful of excellent freeware programs who can do
the job and do it well. FastStone, IrfanView and XNview are all capable and
100% free image viewers that can easily convert from one format to another.
They all also support batch processing, which is very useful if you have a
lot of images to convert. I recently used FastStone to convert about 500
images to a smaller size _and_ also make quadric miniature thumbnails for an
online picture gallery.

El Gee

Anyone know of a means to convert BMP files to JPEG files? I have
tried the obvious (displaying the bmp image and "saving as" JPG) and
it doesn't seem to work with my image software. Advice please. TIA.

One should be already on your Windows box ... MS Paint. I have used it
in a pinch (during a reinstall, for example)

El Gee // www.mistergeek.com <><
Know Christ, Know Peace - No Christ, No Peace
Remove .yourhat to reply

El Gee

Subject: Re: Bmp to jpg?
From: "aafuss" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

Try Irfranview
Photo Center:
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?26000000037420

The link is not to some ficticous software known as Irfranview Photo
Center. This link is to Babya Photo Center.

FYI.

El Gee // www.mistergeek.com <><
Know Christ, Know Peace - No Christ, No Peace
Remove .yourhat to reply

Anthony Giorgianni

As much as I love MS Paint, it is not best for making jpegs. First, you have
to make sure you have the jpeg converters installed - at least in Win98. And
I think those come from MS Office. Also, you can't adjust to compression,
which is pretty severe.

Whenever I work in Paint and want a good quality output, I same in .bmp and
convert with Irfanview anyway. On the other hand, if I don't care about the
quality, I will use MS Paint as the jpeg output. Given the compression, it
makes a smaller file :O)

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.