Bluetooth wireless optical desktop

Matt

i've just been bought the microsoft Bluetooth wireless
optical desktop. My sony ericsson T610 phone has
bluetooth as well. I would like to transfer pcitures
from my phone to my computer via the bluetooth
connection. I am running windows XP, which can see the
phone but all it offers in DUN, and no file trasnfer
option. With my mums PDA, it works fine and i can upload
my pictures, i think she is using windows CE. Is there
any way of doing this on windows XP.

Thanks

Yves Leclerc

The Microsft Bluetooth adapter is limited to mainly connect to the wireless
desktop. If you are able to access your phone for DUN connectlym then that
is a bonus.

You may have to try a different bluetooth dongle (adapter).

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Matt,
Not with the Bluetooth software that ships with Microsoft Bluetooth
Wireless Optical Desktop. SP2 will have additional Bluetooth functionality
available, but what is currently available, only offers DUN to Bluetooth
cell phones.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Yves,
It's the Bluetooth drivers that supply the support not the Dongle that
ships with the Microsoft Bluetooth desktop. I use the same Dongle with
XPSP2 and get do file transfer between two machines, I have tried sending
to and from a Bluetooth phone
So if the other Dongle ships with a different Bluetooth stack then the
option might be available.
If the Bluetooth Dongle ships with the Microsoft Bluetooth prior to SP2
release, then the option is not available.
XPS2 has a beta release available for download that could be tried, support
should be present for Bluetooth file transfer.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Thanks for your help, i just need to clarify a few
things. If i download XPS2 will it work? And where to i
download it from. I was bought the keybord and mouse
only a week ago, so does this make the bluetooth
potnentially compiatible for file transfer.

Thanks
Matt

From: "Yves Leclerc" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Bluetooth wireless optical desktop
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:07:22 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The Microsft Bluetooth adapter is limited to mainly connect to the wireless
desktop. If you are able to access your phone for DUN connectlym then that
is a bonus.

You may have to try a different bluetooth dongle (adapter).

.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Matt,
XPSP2 is still in beta, there is a preview that can be tried, but remember
that it is beta.
This is not a supported release so try at your own risk.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx
File transfer is possible with the Bluetooth in XPSP2, not sure if it works
with your cell phone or not, but the Bluetooth stack does have the
capability
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

From: "Yves Leclerc" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:07:22 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The Microsft Bluetooth adapter is limited to mainly connect to the wireless
desktop. If you are able to access your phone for DUN connectlym then that
is a bonus.

You may have to try a different bluetooth dongle (adapter).

i've just been bought the microsoft Bluetooth wireless
optical desktop. My sony ericsson T610 phone has
bluetooth as well. I would like to transfer pcitures
from my phone to my computer via the bluetooth
connection. I am running windows XP, which can see the
phone but all it offers in DUN, and no file trasnfer
option. With my mums PDA, it works fine and i can upload
my pictures, i think she is using windows CE. Is there
any way of doing this on windows XP.

Thanks

.

Plato

Thanks for your help, i just need to clarify a few
things. If i download XPS2 will it work? And where to i

WARNING!

This technical preview is unsupported and is intended for testing
purposes only. Do not use in production environments.