bluetooth - microsoft???

Brett

been trying to connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to
windows xp pro through a usb port. so far, no good.

windows detects the bluetooth transceiver by putting
entries in device manager, but the problem seems to be is
that entries have yellow question marks next to them.

on connecting the bluetooth to the usb port, windows does
it's auto-detect and then comes up with two missing file
requests - BTHUSB.SYS and bth_oobc.dll.

i thought this was happening because i have the express
version of xp service pack 1 and i was thinking this
didn't have the all the bluetooth files required (hence
the missing file requests). so i downloaded and installed
the 125meg full service pack. and that made no difference
at all.

bluetooth still won't work.

microsoft? anyone?

Jim Macklin

Delete the Bluetooth hardware in device manager, reinstall
the software you downloaded. Re-boot and it should install
the drivers when it detects the"new" hardware.

message | been trying to connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to
| windows xp pro through a usb port. so far, no good.
|
| windows detects the bluetooth transceiver by putting
| entries in device manager, but the problem seems to be is
| that entries have yellow question marks next to them.
|
| on connecting the bluetooth to the usb port, windows does
| it's auto-detect and then comes up with two missing file
| requests - BTHUSB.SYS and bth_oobc.dll.
|
| i thought this was happening because i have the express
| version of xp service pack 1 and i was thinking this
| didn't have the all the bluetooth files required (hence
| the missing file requests). so i downloaded and installed
| the 125meg full service pack. and that made no difference
| at all.
|
| bluetooth still won't work.
|
| microsoft? anyone?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Brett,
You need to reinstall the Bluetooth software, since you reinstalled service
pack 1.
Where did you get the Bluetooth software? This did not come with Service
Pack 1.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]