Windows XP Bluetooth does not show up in Control Panel

Reaction score
My new laptop arrived yesterday, a Sony VAIO FE21S.

It has built-in bluetooth, a Toshiba card.

I am trying to set up bluetooth sync. with my phone. According to the Activesync help file, if i go into control panel, there is a link called "Bluetooth Devices" or something similar. There is not! - I cannot do what i need to do (COM Ports) with the Tosh software. I go into the laptop's main help, and type bluetooth. It says something to do with this "Bluetooth Devices" thing, but this time it has a link to it, so i click the link... and nothing... wait for a while... nothing happenes.

I need to get to this before i can set up Activesync.

Before anyone asks, the bluetooth switch on the laptop is set to on.

If you have any ideas, please help me, as this is a £1100 laptop, and i can't do a basic thing, one of the reasons i bought it was because it had bluetooth.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help you two (esp. Mucks), Unfortunutally, neither of the links proved to be any joy.

But, i finally did it anyway! 3 hours of constant work, browsing endless numbers of websites - none of which telling me how to do it, but i managed to put together different bits of infomation and finally get it to work, i ended up editing the windows drivers lists, telling it that this adaptor is compatable with windows, it is complicated :S

Anyway, at least it works now...

Ask a Question