Blue screen during startup

Reaction score
I have IBM Thinkpad R50e with Windows XP and also Ubuntu. When I start XP it goes blue with the .. 0x00000007B (0xF99B4640) 0000 .... text. I tried to recover with XP cd but it wount reboot from the cd. Changing the BIOS startup/boot priorites doesnt help. The reason why I have XP and Ubuntu is because in past, similar thing happend. My computer turned off and I was unabel to start XP. But I needed enthernet so I installed Ubuntu. Any ideas of how I can recover my computer with XP would be helpful. Oliver.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So your CD drive is set as the first boot device, but it won't actually boot from the Windows CD?

Are you able to boot from another boot cd, such as Knoppix or Ubuntu? Sometimes you have to press a key to boot from CD - I have to hit "any key" within a couple of seconds of the boot screen to proceed with a non HD boot.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
So your CD drive is set as the first boot device, but it won't actually boot from the Windows CD?

Are you able to boot from another boot cd, such as Knoppix or Ubuntu? Sometimes you have to press a key to boot from CD - I have to hit "any key" within a couple of seconds of the boot screen to proceed with a non HD boot.
I tried to boot from Ubuntu cd and it did. When I try to boot from XP it doesnt even when I press some key. Maybe the XP cd is corrupted. Its not a original , its a copy from original cd and maybe because of that it doesnt boot.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It must be the Windows CD if it boots from other ones - I'd suggest getting the original and using that :nod:

Reaction score
Windows XP blue screen

Hy. My computer crashed again after I installed new fresh copy of XP. The screen goes blue while trying to start windows. The number combination is ....STOP 0x0000007B 0xF99B0640 , 0C0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 ........ Can some tell me what this combinations refers to? There are many others combinations but I cant find this one. I have IBM Thinkpad R50e with XP Professional SP2. Thank You

Ask a Question