Blue Sceening with triple channel ddr3.

Reaction score
Code:
 CPU: i7 920
 Memory: OCZ 12GB DDR3-1333 Platinum
 GPU: Nvidia GTX 280
 Mother Board: MSI x58 Pro
 Bios: v8.5
 HDD:[/size][font=Arial][size=1][color=black]WD VelociRaptor WD740BLFS 74GB[/color][/size][/font][size=1] x2
 PSU: Antec Quattro 850

Hello,

Im having problems with BSOD when i launch programs or few seconds after launching programs in general. XP loads ok. Its just that When i launch programs like photoshop or any large programs in general, it blue screen during or few seconds into the program.

The error that i get is:
disk.sys
PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR
0x00000050

see here
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7884/picturesab.jpg

Anyhow, I ran memtest, chkdisk and done many configurations under bios etc and I managed to find out at what point my computer is stable and when it starts blue screening.

It seems that whenever i have more than 2 sticks of ram installed, I get the blue screen.
At 2x2gb dual channel setup, the programs run fine and i dont get blue screens.
When i start doing 3x2gb triple channel, things go bust.

Can anyone help fix this odd symptom?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Only a guess but it could be a faulty mobo or even possibly lack of power from the psu.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
sushisyogun said:
Code:
CPU: i7 920
Memory: OCZ 12GB DDR3-1333 Platinum
GPU: Nvidia GTX 280
Mother Board: MSI x58 Pro
Bios: v8.5
HDD:[/size][font=Arial][size=1][color=black]WD VelociRaptor WD740BLFS 74GB[/color][/size][/font][size=1] x2
PSU: Antec Quattro 850

Hello,

Im having problems with BSOD when i launch programs or few seconds after launching programs in general. XP loads ok. Its just that When i launch programs like photoshop or any large programs in general, it blue screen during or few seconds into the program.

The error that i get is:
disk.sys
PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR
0x00000050

see here
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7884/picturesab.jpg

Anyhow, I ran memtest, chkdisk and done many configurations under bios etc and I managed to find out at what point my computer is stable and when it starts blue screening.

It seems that whenever i have more than 2 sticks of ram installed, I get the blue screen.
At 2x2gb dual channel setup, the programs run fine and i dont get blue screens.
When i start doing 3x2gb triple channel, things go bust.

Can anyone help fix this odd symptom?

Hi

I see that you have been posting this around on the net on other forums. After taking a look at your specs at the OCZ forum. The only thing I can suggest is a BIOS update to see if that fixes any compatability issues between the memory. If not then as AB has said it looks like a motherboard fault.

Edit - after looking at the MSI website for your board, there is a BIOS update out that improves the memory compatability.

Last edited:
Reaction score
after looking at the MSI website for your board, there is a BIOS update out that improves the memory compatability.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have had the latest Bios version 8.5 but am experiencing the same problem.

Only a guess but it could be a faulty mobo or even possibly lack of power from the psu.

The PSU has been pulled from my other computer. Its been working so i doubt thats it. Maybe it is my MB.. hmm...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
update your graphics drivers, it has been known that dodgy drivers have caused errors with disk.sys also check your hard drive for errors

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
First thing i though was the memory, make sure the clocks are correct on the RAM. Also isnt a page fault error related to the HDD?

Ask a Question