Bizarre -- Windows Media Player won't play wav files after SP3

AlexEck

This is weird. I can't play Wav files after installing SP3. I get the
message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
support the file type..."

Anyone else seeing this?

Mike Cawood, HND BIT

AlexEck said:
This is weird. I can't play Wav files after installing SP3. I get the
message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
support the file type..."

Anyone else seeing this?

Some wav files will play on WMP11 under XP SP3 & some won't - strange.
As a temporary fix I've changed the default for .wav files to Media Player
Classic
http://www.download.com/Media-Player-Classic/3000-2139_4-10518778.html?cdlPid=10518777
& this does a great job of playing .wav files.
Regards Mike.

- Bobb -

AlexEck said:
This is weird. I can't play Wav files after installing SP3. I get the
message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might
not
support the file type..."

Anyone else seeing this?

see: