Bitdefender Query

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The free edition of Bitdefender has worked well on my Win7 PC, for the past year or two. No complaints at all. Therefore, I decided to get it for hubby's Win8.1 PC.

No problems with installing it, all appears to be well - except when I attempt registration. It keeps telling me that the e-mail addresses are "invalid" (I probably don't need to say that the address is current and in daily use.)

I get the same response, regardless of whether I enter a different address, (to create a separate account for hubby) or the one I used on my own account. So effectively, I cannot complete the registration.

So, my question is: does Bitdefender have a "one PC only" rule, that I'm unintentionally attempting to break? Or have they ceased their free edition? (I did have to hunt around a bit to find the download.)

I've searched around and Googled for answers, but have been unable to find anything which helps, so wondered if any of you guys might know?

Thanks for reading. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have no idea why you are having trouble, as far as I can tell, it's still free to anyone on any system.

suggest uninstalling using the Bitdefender cleanup tool, then try again.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the speedy reply Mucks.

I actually discovered the solution, a few minutes after submitting the above topic. On going to the online registration web-page: https://my.bitdefender.com/login, I was able to register from there (unlike when I attempted to do so from the programme itself.) On that page, it told me that one of the addresses was already "in use" so, I'm assuming that it must have been used by me, many moons ago, but still be on record... or something. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the new account has now been created successfully.

Thank you for the assistance :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think I just logged in via my Google account....

Ask a Question