Birthday Greetings Ian! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys :D. I've had a bloody brilliant day!

Bex got me a session in a flight simulator, so I had an hour flying a very realistic 737 around Manchester and Alaska. So much fun :).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys :D. I've had a bloody brilliant day!

Bex got me a session in a flight simulator, so I had an hour flying a very realistic 737 around Manchester and Alaska. So much fun :).

Hope you didn't crash !!!!! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd thoroughly recommend doing it if you get the chance :D. Here's a quick photo that Becky snapped:

737.jpg

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow! It looks as though it would be very easy to forget that one is in a simulator. You're looking very much at-home behind those controls @Ian :)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
@Ian :

1. Day late, € short here, but looks like you've had a heckuva good b-day. Gongrats!

2. Full Flight Stimulator?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Ian :
Full Flight Stimulator?

It wasn't a motion base, but the cockpit hardware and simulation were excellent. There were pilots coming in to brush up for exams on the same equipment, so I think it was a fairly decent one, without paying huge £ for some of the high-end ones. I'd love to try a 6-axis simulator one day, it must be very close to the real thing.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... without paying huge £ for some of the high-end ones.

Money... and access. Here, the Finnish Aviation Museum (the museum has some modest SIMULATORS of their own) co-operates with the Finnair Flight Academy WHENEVER there are simulators which are no longer used in full capacity (and, thus, are on their last legs — full flight simulators are not only expensive to buy, they require constant maintenance and LOTS of electricity). The latest (now defunct) such simulators were MD-11 and B757. €600/hour.

HERE is a Helsinki company with — I guess — equipment pretty similar to that one you tried. Prices HERE.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If I'm ever in that part of the world, I know where I'll be going :D.

Ask a Question