Birdy

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just been out to take the dog for a walk around the market. We got outside one shop and he just sat down and starred up at this bird, it was making a good lil whistle. I know nothing about birds, but this one was sweet, could somebody please help me with what sort of bird it is please

birdy007.jpg

birdy006.jpg

birdy005.jpg

birdy004.jpg

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's a Starling. :)

They are a resident bird but are on the 'red list' of conservation importance.

We used to see thousands, especially in big flocks ... some large flocks still gather at roosting time.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's a Starling. :)

We used to see thousands, especially in big flocks ... some large flocks still gather at roosting time.

:cool:

A most amazing sight and pretty spooky. How they do not fly into each other is a miracle. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I knew that one too - it's a starling :)

There are hundreds of them residing outside Asdas at Charlton locally, they seem to favour the trolleys.

Around five years ago there wasn't a one, they have bred prolifically. They all look healthy and they're very brazen, seem to have almost lost their fear of humans.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
They're still fairly common up this way. They often hang around shopping areas especially fast food outlets that have lots of space round them.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
They're still fairly common up this way. They often hang around shopping areas especially fast food outlets that have lots of space round them.

Suppose they would be around fast food joints here, but they would have to contend with the chicken children

Ask a Question