BIOS beeps constantly whenever restarts

MikeCC4

I have a Gateway MX3563 laptop with windows XP home. Now every time I
restart the computer, it goes into BIOS setup screen and constantly
beeps non-stop. If I click a key, it will stop beeping. However, I can
only choose "Exit discarding any changes." to exit the BIOS page and
return to Windows. Once in the windows, it starts to beep constantly
again until I click any key. It now seems work fine.

Prior to this problem, the keyboard does not work (quite a few keys do
not give correct output, for example, if typing A it will come out "l
\;"...) I am not sure if I dropped a bit water onto the laptop that
caused the keyboard problem. I put the laptop on the bathroom cabinet
while I washed my face. I researched on Gateway site and learned how
to open the keyboard. After I reinstalling the keyboard, it comes the
problem of going into BIOS setup every time the laptop restarts and
beeping constantly. I tried three times to reinstall the keyboard.
Finally I had all keys working properly, but the problem of restarting
into BIOS setup page and beeping constantly still remain. it just
constantly beeping "dididididi............." no pause, no long or
short beep pattern.

Thanks very much in ahead for help.

ramcneilly

[...]

It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty. The constant beeping
is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck. The key may
not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.

If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
external keyboard. If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
problem. The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
some further direction.

smlunatick

It is very likely that the keyboard is faulty.  The constant beeping
is actually the system sensing that a key had been stuck.  The key may
not physically be depressed but the circuit board could be messed up.

If possible, try disabling the keyboard in the BIOS and using an
external keyboard.  If the beeping stops then you have isolated the
problem.  The best thing to do would be to call gateway support for
some further direction.- Hide quoted text -

BIOS beeps can also indicate other problems than just keyboard
issues. You need to locate the correct "BIOS" beep code definition
info and compair the short / long beep coses.

MikeCC4

BIOS beeps can also indicate other problems than just keyboard
issues. You need to locate the correct "BIOS" beep code definition
info and compair the short / long beep coses.

There is no short/long beep coses. It is just constantly beeping non
stop, it will continue to beep forever until I hit any key.

smlunatick

There is no short/long beep coses. It is just constantly beeping non
stop, it will continue to beep forever until I hit any key.- Hide quoted text -

I seen where the beeping that was caused by e stuck key did not let me
pass further (system frooze.) Make sure you check all possible causes.

Farad'n

[...]

Why ask here? The BIOS problems you describe happen LONG before the
OS begins to load. In other words.....

Ask elsewhere

Malke

Farad'n said:
Why ask here? The BIOS problems you describe happen LONG before the
OS begins to load. In other words.....

Ask elsewhere

You need to get medication for your problem. Changing your name fools no
one.

From: Farad'n <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Subject: Re: BIOS beeps constantly whenever restarts
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:39:59 -0500

Malke

SGKoneko

Ignoring what the other user said, I have a liquid cooled system and so every
once and a while(not sure why it happens when it does) my BIOS also beeps and
I have to go in and switch off the CPU fan monitoring.
The point of this post is...you might have something wrong in the BIOS or
you have something checked that shouldn't be.
So if there is something your computer doesn't have you need to make sure
the BIOS isn't looking for it or it will freak out thinking it's broken.

Bill in Co.

Are you sure it's a medication issue? It may be an intelligence issue (or
perhaps adolescence).

New Orleans Novice

Hi Farah Farad,

Queen Farah is a girl's name so you need to move over to other forums like;
Washing Dishes or Mopping Floors.

When you are in New Orleans call me so I can take you Alligator hunting in
the Louisiana swamps.

Be careful and don't fall in the water.