Windows XP Beware Trojans bearing gifts

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Most people are aware of the "Virus Threat" but how many know of the Trogan Threat.

I've been evaluating this rather "easy to use" program from Mischel Internet Security called "Trogan Hunter" ... TrojanHunter searches for and removes trojans from your system. You have the ability to add custom trojan definitions and detection rules.

If you are downloading files from the Internet, you would do well to install TrojanHunter!

Features:
  • High-speed file scan engine capable of detecting modified trojans
  • Memory scanning for detecting any modified variant of a particular build of a trojan
  • Registry scanning for detecting traces of trojans in the registry
  • Ini-file scanning for detecting traces of trojans in configuration files
  • Port scanning for detecting open trojan ports
  • TrojanHunter Guard for resident memory scanning - detect any trojans if they manage to start up
  • LiveUpdate utility for effortless ruleset updating via the Internet
  • Add custom trojan definitions and detection rules
  • Process list giving details about every running process on the system, including the path to the actual executable file
  • Accurate removal of all detected trojans - even if they are running
  • Built-in netstat viewer
  • Extensive help files
  • Free technical support via e-mail
  • Complete list of all autostarted programs
Download TrojanHunter 2.54 Now (30-day trial)

A new ruleset update for TrojanHunter is available. The update contains 2848 detection rules.

The easiest way to install this ruleset update is to run the TrojanHunter LiveUpdate utility. If you want to install the update manually you can do so by downloading the file

http://www.misec.net/rulefiles/25x-2002-07-28.zip

and extracting its contents to the TrojanHunter program directory. (When updating manually, your update date as seen in the Rule Statistics dialog and in the Status Bar (in advanced mode) will not be updated. You will have to manually change the date in the thupdate.txt file to correct this.)

Note: This ruleset update requires TrojanHunter 2.5.

25x-2002-07-28
==============
- Updated NetDevil.140
- Added Dimbus.100
- Added Id2001.100
- Added IwAnywhere.100
- Added LameDL.020

Enjoy!
Mucks

Apologies to all those people from Troy. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Update 30/07/2002

A new ruleset update for TrojanHunter is available. The update contains 2870 detection rules.

The easiest way to install this ruleset update is to run the TrojanHunter LiveUpdate utility.

Ask a Question