Best Way Share Outlook 2007 Contacts On Vista P2P Network

Can anyone advise the best way to share Outlook 2007 contacts on a Vista
peer-to-peer network?

Brian Tillman

Dell Boy said:
Can anyone advise the best way to share Outlook 2007 contacts on a
Vista peer-to-peer network?

Provided you avoid using the several instances of Outlook simultaneously and
although it is unsupported (so frequent backups are important), you can put
your contacts in a PST on a network share and add that PST to each of the
mail profiles. If you need to have more than one instance of Outlook
referencing the contacts at the same time, see this:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

Emily Lin

Hi,

I think that Brian's suggestion is a good one. If you would like to get the detail steps about how to share contacts via a PST file, feel
free to let me know.

Related KB article.

286044 How to share contacts between Outlook profiles
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;286044

Also, you can save the contact items to a shared folder to share it.
-----------------------
1. In Outlook Contacts folder, highlight all contact items. Drage them to a shared folder (such as \\ServerName\Contacts\).
2. On another computer, in Outlook Contacts folder, drag all the items in the shared folder to the Contacts folder. If there is the same
item in the contacts folder, it will ask you if you want to update the existing one or create a new one.

Note: This method needs you to update the contacts manually.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell (e-mail address removed)>
| Subject: Best Way Share Outlook 2007 Contacts On Vista P2P Network
| Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:56:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Can anyone advise the best way to share Outlook 2007 contacts on a Vista
| peer-to-peer network?

Thanks Brian & Emily.

The several instances of Outlook would need to run simultaneously so sharing
the PST is out. In this particular case Emily's suggestion of dragging and
dropping them in to a shared folder will probably be the best solution and so
simple I'm not sure why I didn't think of it.

Thanks again for the input from you both.

Emily Lin

Hello ,

Nice to hear that the suggestion addresses your concern! :)

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is always my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Emily Lin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell (e-mail address removed)>
| Subject: RE: Best Way Share Outlook 2007 Contacts On Vista P2P Network
| Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 01:28:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Thanks Brian & Emily.
|
| The several instances of Outlook would need to run simultaneously so sharing
| the PST is out. In this particular case Emily's suggestion of dragging and
| dropping them in to a shared folder will probably be the best solution and so
| simple I'm not sure why I didn't think of it.
|
| Thanks again for the input from you both.
|
| "Emily Lin" wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > I think that Brian's suggestion is a good one. If you would like to get the detail steps about how to share contacts via a PST file,
feel
| > free to let me know.
| >
| > Related KB article.
| >
| > 286044 How to share contacts between Outlook profiles
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;286044
| >
| > Also, you can save the contact items to a shared folder to share it.
| > -----------------------
| > 1. In Outlook Contacts folder, highlight all contact items. Drage them to a shared folder (such as \\ServerName\Contacts\).
| > 2. On another computer, in Outlook Contacts folder, drag all the items in the shared folder to the Contacts folder. If there is the
same
| > item in the contacts folder, it will ask you if you want to update the existing one or create a new one.
| >
| > Note: This method needs you to update the contacts manually.
| >
| > If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| >
| > Emily Lin,
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > ======================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| > ======================================================
| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell (e-mail address removed)>
| > | Subject: Best Way Share Outlook 2007 Contacts On Vista P2P Network
| > | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:56:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > |
| > | Can anyone advise the best way to share Outlook 2007 contacts on a Vista
| > | peer-to-peer network?
| > |