Best online music subscription service?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm currently subscribed to Deezer, which is used for a few hours each day and worth the £10/month - although this is the first time I've had to subscribe at full price, as there were always offers available until today.

We ended up using Deezer as there was a promo when buying Sonos speakers and we liked it so continued with it. I've not used Spotify, Amazon Music or any of the other alternatives (other than to play around with).

Do any of you guys subscribe to a streaming service - if so, who would you recommend? I'm not looking to jump ship, but it's good to know the options :).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Spotify Free for me. :thumb:

I don't listen to it all that often TBH so the free version is ideal. Also, being an old geezer, I only listen to old music.

Adverts are a nuisance though.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I used to use Spotify free for a while, but I have enough of a collection of music I could probably leave it runnng all year and not hear the same song twice.

Reaction score
I am very much into the music of the 1940's and 1950's, jazz, country, Classical, Big band, folk, world, etc don't like most modern stuff. Is there a radio that will satisfy those needs.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am very much into the music of the 1940's and 1950's, jazz, country, Classical, Big band, folk, world, etc don't like most modern stuff. Is there a radio that will satisfy those needs.

Pandora should work for you I'm sure you are already having that account

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bit of a shame Pandora isn't available in Europe - I guess licensing deals may be restricting them :(.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Use a VPN?

I use DAB, Spotify, Tunin/Streama and my own collection usually.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

If you have mates then anything is possible.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/zenmate-security-privacy-vpn/

https://zenmate.co.uk/prohttps://ze...on-for-chrome/ducts/vpn-extension-for-chrome/

These mates help me travel the world.
If I want to listen to on-line I use either Chrome or FF with the mate and surf with the other browser.

Not quite as good as a dedicated VPN but sufficient for me.

http://tunein.com/radio/40s-g2753/

Have a look at the above for old timers. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't use any but if there's anything new I want to hear I can usually find a way, access to 30 DAB radio stations and YouTube usually works for me.

But I have around 1.8Tb of FLAC files (and a smattering of mp3 files) and 1300+ LP's on vinyl so they usually satisfy me needs.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Opera browser also now offers free VPN, just so you know

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Opera browser also now offers free VPN, just so you know

Neat, I did not know about the feature.

Free VPN in Opera information below as I think it deserves a punt.

Free, unlimited, no subscription required
Enhanced online privacy should be available to everyone. Our free VPN is built right into the Opera browser. You don’t have to download VPN extensions or sign up and pay for VPN services.
Works out of the box
To activate the free VPN in Opera, go to the browser settings and check the Enable VPN box in the Privacy and security section. You’ll see a button in the browser address field where you can adjust VPN preferences, turn the feature off and on, as well as see stats on data used.

Alternatively, you can choose to use the VPN feature in private windows only. Just open a private window, hit the VPN button in the address field and just click ‘Enable’.

:cool:

Ask a Question