Best Gaming PC configuration!!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys!! I m currently shifted to Dubai, UAE.. I m looking for the best gaming PC config... Whether branded r unbranded.. Neva mind.. I m especially looking for the motherboard, AGP card and RAM..!!!! Especially for games like NFS Most Wanted(I m a big fan of NFS.. wooh!!!) Plz put in your comments.. So that i ll b educated abt it and will make a choice to buy it out... Thanx .. Cheers..

Reaction score
Hmm... Really depends.. If its really worth i can spend as much as i can... Around 4000 DHS... Thats like 1250 US $... R mayb 5-6k DHS... But if i get a config to save up and if thats also good enuf for like 2-3k .. I wud prefer that one.. So give me a list of options... Plz.. :D

Reaction score
So do you want to deal in £, $ or other currency mate?
This is pimarily a UK based Forum, however i'm sure we can still help out with recommendations for hardware.

2-3k £ or $ is still a lotta, lotta cash for a PC ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooooh.............

Top of the range Asus Intel Board
Quad core Intel CPU
2Gb OCZ; Cellshock; Crucial Ballistic; Corsair top range RAM
2 x Nvidia BFG 8800GTX vid cards in sli mode
2 x 150Gb WD Raptor hard drives in RAID 0
A nice big SATA II Hard Drive for backup
Corsair/Jeantech/OCZ/Enermax Power Supply, 600W or over
Zalman CPU cooler
Creative X-Fi Extreme Gaming sound card
Logitech top o the range 5.1 speakers
Lian Li/Antec/Chieftech/Thermaltake case of your choice

There we go, that would be nice :)

Just a few suggestions.

Of course, single vid card and dual core CPU would be quite spiffing as well.

As would a DFI Intel CPU board with 2 x ATI cards in Crossfire mode, another alternative.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
navincharles said:
I m especially looking for the motherboard, AGP card and RAM..!!!! ..

Ditch the AGP card, and jump for a PCI-E :D

Reaction score
I need AGP.. PCI screws up!!! I will go for the quad core Intel CPU.. But is Asus the only option?? Any good gaming boards?? Floppy think abt it and gimme some ubber cool stuffs.. Pweejj.. 2 GB ram agreed.. I m going for 2 Gb only.. But does DDR2 fit in.. R is it a must go for OCZ for this set?? Educate me abt the advantages... And dude.. There is no necessity for a back up hard drive lol.. its all abt playing a game... Is it a must again for 2 x Nvidia BFG 8800GTX vid cards in sli mode r jus one will do!!! ???? And i m planning to buy jus one HDD...I highly prefer the 600 W Power Supply.. Wow i too love the sound setup... And how much will this come to... in terms of money in US $.. Hehe

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I need AGP.. PCI screws up!!! I will go for the quad core Intel CPU.
You wont get an intel quad core motherboard with an AGP slot unless you make it yourself!

Are you being serious...or just wasting our time? :confused:

Reaction score
navincharles said:
I need AGP.. PCI screws up!!! I will go for the quad core Intel CPU.. But is Asus the only option?? Any good gaming boards?? Floppy think abt it and gimme some ubber cool stuffs.. Pweejj.. 2 GB ram agreed.. I m going for 2 Gb only.. But does DDR2 fit in.. R is it a must go for OCZ for this set?? Educate me abt the advantages... And dude.. There is no necessity for a back up hard drive lol.. its all abt playing a game... Is it a must again for 2 x Nvidia BFG 8800GTX vid cards in sli mode r jus one will do!!! ???? And i m planning to buy jus one HDD...I highly prefer the 600 W Power Supply.. Wow i too love the sound setup... And how much will this come to... in terms of money in US $.. Hehe

Don't get confused between PCI and PCI Express

They are entirely different.

You will *NOT* be able to get an AGP system for gaming nowadays that would be futureproof. Not a decent one anyway...

Reaction score
V_R said:
You wont get an intel quad core motherboard with an AGP slot unless you make it yourself!

Are you being serious...or just wasting our time? :confused:

No1 is wasting ur time!!! Sir!!! I dont know much abt these gaming stuffs... i had a Amd athlon ASUS motherboard... 512 MB ram.. Now that i can earn myself i m gathering info abt it.. U got it.. And i m sry.. I m not wasting ur time.. i m a noobie in this .. trust me.. And if possible educate me!!1

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, if you want the latest and best gaming machine, the graphics card(s) will be pci-e. Just forget about AGP, it's history.

The two Raptor drives in RAID 0 will fly but if you don't fancy that go for a Samsung between 300Gb and 500Gb.

As I mentioned, the DFI Intel CPU boards are good and so are the latest Gigabyte Intel boards.

In fact, the only makes of quality motherboards I'd consider at this moment in time are Asus, DFI & Gigabyte. In my experience, Asrock boards are good if you're on a budget.

It's hard for us in the UK to budget a system in $US as computer parts are cheaper in the States, it's not just the curremcy difference. Check out the New Egg online store to get an idea of prices.

As for memory, there are several good manufacturers, I mentioned some in my last post.

Same goes for PSU's as well.

I upgraded recently (see sig) and my Tagan 480W PSU wasn't powerful enough. The clue was that my monitor wouldn't run with a DVI input, only analogue. When I temporarily disconnected the two optical drives and a hard disk, it worked.

So I bought a 700W PSU. Point is - don't skimp on the Power Supply, a quality system needs lots of juice.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
If this system needs power, why not get a 1Kw PSU? :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
If this system needs power, why not get a 1Kw PSU? :D

Because they cost a lot more than a 700W PSU :D

Our Goverment spent a fortune on education services for me to be able to make a deduction like that :)

Cool eh? :thumb:

Reaction score
I will go for a ASUS motherboard...Intel 2 Core Duo 6.6k Proc, 2 GB RAM,nvidia 8800 GTS.. and i wud prefer around 100 GB of HD space.. So i think this wud b ideal for me... 74GB 10k RPM SATA hard drive, And the kickass 700 W PSU... Wooo... Floppy.. Do u wanna add anything else?? And i m not in the US.. I m in Dubai(U.A.E).. And here currency is in DIRHAMS(DHS)... 1 US $ = 3.67 DHS.. So it wont b so cheap here when compared to ur state... And thanx for educating me!!! Cheers!!!

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The 74Gb drive you refer to is a Raptor, if it has a 10K rpm speed.

I previously had two 35Gb Raptors in a RAID 0 giving me 70Gb of space for my primary drive but after loading on about 12 games the drive was full up, which is part of the reason I upgraded.

74Gb is really not enough space for a gaming machine running today's games, look at around 200Gb at least.

And the 8800GTS is good for games, if budget is a consideration (as opposed to the GTX).

Reaction score
Ok i will go for 8800 GTX.... Thanx... And any suggestions or recommendations abt the make... Cuz buying a graphic card... Is all abt the make as well ... Right?

Reaction score
navincharles said:
Cuz buying a graphic card... Is all abt the make as well ... Right?

Yes it can make a difference. Most manufacturers use the same chipset but tweak their cards to give certain advantages over others.

Some will tweak GPU and and some will tweak memory. Some will tweak both or use a different brand of memory and other components.

Personally I like the BFG cards not sure if they are the only ones now who are including their Physics engine on the cards. But they were the first to introduce the physics engine and GPU integration onto the market as far as i'm aware.

Which ever card you buy i'm sure it will make an absolutely fantastic difference to your new system. Keep us informed please so we can all sit in awe and admiration when it's been built. Pics would be nice too ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, I favour BFG as well. And Leadtek have never let me down. But BFG deffo best right now :)

Ask a Question