Benise - The Spanish Guitar (Live Concert)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday I attended yet another concert at the Miller Outdoor Theatre. I was not familiar with this artist but having seen the details on the website as to what was on offer I decided to go and attend it.

Official Event description:

Houston debut! This multi-media spectacle of music and dance from the incomparable Benise takes the audience on an exotic journey through a Parisian cafe, a flamenco tapas bar in Spain, an Arabian desert, a Venetian masquerade ball and the cobblestone streets of Old Havana.

It was a fun performance and what really impressed me were the costumes and the backdrop with combination of live performance with video to supplement in the background. The lighting effect give the whole thing a beautiful three dimensional effect.

Here are a few video I found of the exact performances done live yesterday at the theatre. (They are not from the actual performance yesterday but exactly the same what I saw). Very enjoyable indeed. The best part is that in the entire USA these performances are charged but only in Houston at Miller it is free, paid by the city administration and sponsors.

I personally was not thrilled with what he could do with the guitar as his compositions were neither thematic nor worthy of being applauded for sheer artistic skill, he is more of a stage performer than an artist in a real sense when it comes to music alone. He is an an American trying to dwelve into the heart of Spanish and Latin music just like Yanni being a Greek trying to Americanise Greek music, I am afraid both in my opinion have failed in that particular aspect. No I would not buy Benise's music.

The concert, at Miller however was an enjoyable outing for me accompanied by a good friend and her son.

Reaction score
I agree with you Quadphile after watching the YouTube recordings a good guitarist not great but a high energy show lots of pretty young ladies in fact would go down well in Las Vegas.

Ask a Question