Benchmark Results for Crunching

Reaction score
My recent benchmark results are:
4038 Whetstone & 12952 Dhrystone. Are these good results??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It all depends on your system specs, but thats what I would expect for someone running 'tweaked' boinc :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What are they then TD? - my X2 3800+ has gone from 1915/3554 to 3440/7621 :thumb:

When I say 'thats what I would expect' etc - I mean its obvious its been tweaked, I'm not commenting on the actual scores as such without knowing the specs ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
It all depends on your system specs, but thats what I would expect for someone running 'tweaked' boinc :thumb:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ CPU (Venic) 939\Asus A8N-E M/Board\1GB RAM(2x512MB)\250GB SATA HDD

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Last time I looked was when I placed my thread few days ago

Not marked em since then

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2551597.php

"Not doin anything at all and restarted BOINC closed down MSN the works

Just tryed again

3948 respectively"
Thats about right for standard untweaked boinc on a X2 4200 - have you applied the tweak from post #61 HERE ?

Even if you have, do it again, make sure you exit boinc manager before applying it :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
feckit said:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ CPU (Venic) 939\Asus A8N-E M/Board\1GB RAM(2x512MB)\250GB SATA HDD
Thats fine mate - the tweak seems to have a bigger effect on single core machines than dual cores for some reason....:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
When you say first time/ second time do you mean you have just installed the tweak and run the benchmarks twice just now?

Remember - to get the best possible benchmark you should have no other processes running and not do anything, including moving your mouse until completed.

I would expect the second figure (Dhrystone) to be a bit better than that, something like 8K+, that being said, the new figures are a good improvement on the untweaked figure:thumb:

Reaction score
I ran it got first figures then realised i was running something so I stopped it running and started BM again with nothing else going

Figures were lower!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't think its going to get any better really without doing a completely clean install of boinc and the tweak.

The tweaked figures are still a big improvement, and to be honest it only really makes a difference if you come up against other machines running a tweak within your quorum - mostly you are going to get the lowest claimed score anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the crunching :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well say you claim 150 credit for a result, and the other 2 results in the quorum only claim around 70 in credit, then you are only going to get 70, so it matters not that the tweaked benchmark has given you a high credit claim.

It only comes into play if you come up against another 2 machines with either a very high CPU rating, or they are tweaked as well :thumb:

Reaction score
Ahhh right.

Well i'm sure there are hundreds of machines out there with exactly the same spec as I have

Oh well at least the tweak has actully improved performance quite marginally

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Well i'm sure there are hundreds of machines out there with exactly the same spec as I have
You would be surprised - the vast majority of machines in use for crunching tend to be pretty old and low spec - hence 99% of the time the credit will be significantly lower than that which you claimed ;)

Reaction score
Cheers for the explanation dude.

Tell you what if I had the cash I would seriously consider setting up a whole server to crunch.

But as they say " you gotta be in it to win it"

Ask a Question