    ask this to someone who knows, here goes: Continous short
    beeps using I believe an Award BIOS any suggestions? thanks
    sorry for the long winded post.

    brian, Sep 23, 2004

  2. brian

    Guest Guest

    If you have one insert a POST card into a spare slot, this
    will then display which device is causing the problem
    during the boot sequence. You may need to check the code
    book to find what devie it hangs on.

    Also if it beeps for a few minutes after you shut it down,
    this would be due to overheating!

    BOB

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004

  3. brian

    Bob I Guest

    Strip it down to the basics, one ram module, vid card, 1 HD, etc. There
    should be a sticker on the BIOS chip. Compare BEEP codes AFTER you
    verify the BIOS manufacturer

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=beep+code+listing

    Bob I, Sep 24, 2004
  4. brian