Be able to remove multiple hyperlinks all at once.

I often copy online documentation for my own reference material and I would
really like to be able to remove multiple hyperlinks all at one time rather
than each individually.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...16d000&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If there are no other fields in the text that need to remain active
(unlikely if it's material from the Web), Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Shift+F9. This will
also result in embedding any graphics that are linked into the text.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Removing multiple hyperlinks at once" <Removing multiple hyperlinks at
I often copy online documentation for my own reference material and I would
really like to be able to remove multiple hyperlinks all at one time rather
than each individually.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...16d000&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By using a macro, the fields in the document will remain unchanged. An
automatically updated date is an example of a field. You can go to Insert -
Field to insert a field. The path and name of the current document can also
be inserted as a field.

Start with copying this text:

Rem Beginning of code
Dim N As Integer
For N = 1 To ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count
ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks(1).Delete
Next
Rem End of code

To create a macro, go to Tools - Macro - Macros (Alt+F8), type in a macro
name (it can't contain spaces). The 'Macros in' box specifies where the macro
will be stored. You can choose '<document name> (document)' to store it in
the current document only. It can also be stored in Normal.dot, making it
available to all documents. Click the Create button.

Paste the copied text between the line 'Sub <macro name>()' and the line
'End Sub':

The Rem lines (REMarks) and text preceded with a single quote are comments
and are ignored by Word when executing the macro.

Click the toolbar button with a green triangle pointing to the right to run
the macro. Close Microsoft Visual Basic. To run the macro at another time,
you can go to Tools - Macro - Macros (Alt+F8). In the 'Macros in' box, select
the place where the macro was stored. Choose the macro name from the list
below the 'Macro name' box. Click Run.