BCCode on windows XP- please help

Reaction score
I got this refurbed Minuet with Windows XP on it and Its giving me a BCCode: the screen will go black and I have to restart the computer, when I do it says system error and gives this:
BCCode : 7f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Then when I click on details it says this:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcd3a.dir00\Mini021410-03.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcd3a.dir00\sysdata.xml

Is there any way I can fix this without doing a full system restore? It starter right after I put MSn on the computer and I've checked for teh MSN viruses but I think it may have been on it from the get go and the guy who sold it to me didnt know or didnt tell me. Hes all the way in MD (another state away) and I dont know if the MSN had anything to do with it. I dont have start up disks or the disk for word 07 that is currently on it. How can I make a backup disk or is that possible? Someone please help me. The motherboard is brand new and I'd really like to be able to fix the problem and not have to take it to MD. Thanks a bunch

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you can borrow a XP CD and a Word 07 CD (you can use the product codes already in use) then I would do a clean install of both. That way you are sure you have a clean os to play with.

user.gif

Ask a Question