    FS:NTFS"
    Thanks for all your help
    Adam

    Mr Prince, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Mr Prince

    Mark V Guest

    In microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin Mr Prince wrote:

    > G'day, I am trying to write a batch file that will run on
    > a bootdisk. This batch file will be able to tell if your
    > Hard drive is formated NTFS and if it isn't it will
    > format it NTFS. Something like "if not NTFS format c:\
    > FS:NTFS"

    What (presumably DOS) commandline tool do you have that can format
    the volume NTFS in the first place? No DOS flavor format.* can do
    this to my best knowledge.

    And what about partition issues, and ... ?

    Maybe (and I do not know) something like Partion Magic (DOS) could be
    scripted to do it.

    The other half is, what (presumably DOS) tool can reliably detect
    NTFS and also be scripted? (I know of none, though they may exist)

    *NIX boot and scripting might be a better approach perhaps. But I
    cannot advise on that.

    The actual BATCH mechanism for determining what to do is relatively
    easy (as in testing an errorlevel perhaps), but everything else...

    Mark V, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Mr Prince

    Matt Hickman Guest

    "Mr Prince" <> wrote in message news:<18fab01c41be4$664296f0$>...
    > G'day, I am trying to write a batch file that will run on
    > a bootdisk. This batch file will be able to tell if your
    > Hard drive is formated NTFS and if it isn't it will
    > format it NTFS. Something like "if not NTFS format c:\
    > FS:NTFS"

    chkntfs c: | find "NTFS" > nul || format c: /fs:NTFS

    --
    Matt Hickman.
    There is magic in words, black magic--if you

    Matt Hickman, Apr 6, 2004