basics of Microsoft Faxing on XP Pro

G

Gordon Prince, MCP

I've set up Microsoft Faxing on a WinXP Pro SP2 workstation to receiving incoming faxes. I want to receive incoming faxes. The are coming in and printing automatically, then they copy to the Inbox.

Why are all my received faxes sitting in the Incoming folder with a Status of "Routing failed"? What are my options for Routing? Is it possible to E-mail everything to a user?

This seems so rudimentary but I can't find anything on this. Thanks for any guidance.

R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Odd. Never seen it.
Actually there are no routing options whatsoever with Windows XP Fax. That capability was removed.
What happens if you turn off automatic printing temporarily? Will your faxes then appear in your Inbox correctly?
Have you checked your settings for the archive folder?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
I've set up Microsoft Faxing on a WinXP Pro SP2 workstation to receiving incoming faxes. I want to receive incoming faxes. The are coming in and printing automatically, then they copy to the Inbox.

Why are all my received faxes sitting in the Incoming folder with a Status of "Routing failed"? What are my options for Routing? Is it possible to E-mail everything to a user?

This seems so rudimentary but I can't find anything on this. Thanks for any guidance.

G

Gordon Prince, MCP

Everything moves to the Inbox properly -- I just couldn't figure out why a copy of everything remained in the Incoming folder. If routing isn't supposed to work in XP I'll just FAGETABOUTIT.

Thanks.
Odd. Never seen it.
Actually there are no routing options whatsoever with Windows XP Fax. That capability was removed.
What happens if you turn off automatic printing temporarily? Will your faxes then appear in your Inbox correctly?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Yeah, they pulled routing at the last minute but must have left some
remnants behind that will appear when you automatically print your faxes.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Everything moves to the Inbox properly -- I just couldn't figure out why a
copy of everything remained in the Incoming folder. If routing isn't
supposed to work in XP I'll just FAGETABOUTIT.

Thanks.
Odd. Never seen it.
Actually there are no routing options whatsoever with Windows XP Fax. That
capability was removed.
What happens if you turn off automatic printing temporarily? Will your faxes
then appear in your Inbox correctly?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
I've set up Microsoft Faxing on a WinXP Pro SP2 workstation to receiving
incoming faxes. I want to receive incoming faxes. The are coming in and
printing automatically, then they copy to the Inbox.

Why are all my received faxes sitting in the Incoming folder with a Status
of "Routing failed"? What are my options for Routing? Is it possible to
E-mail everything to a user?

This seems so rudimentary but I can't find anything on this. Thanks for any
guidance.

Ask a Question