Bar Code Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I want to generate a bar code with Application Identifiers from a fixed data.
I am using a windows based app.
What do I have to do? Any Idea? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you want to do however if you google it

there are plenty of online barcode generators.
How accurate these are I have no idea

Reaction score
barcode component that run in Visual Studio or Microsoft Office; Some knowledge of .NET programming if you want to generate EAN -128 in .NET; I think it's enough!

Reaction score
Sorry mate don't know anything of programming. I'm the type that likes getting me hands dirty with oil and artic silver ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Something fishy going on here, two users, IP address' only one digit different...

I'm' at work and dont have time to look right now....

Though unassigned.psychz.net sounds really familiar....

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
could be just some development guys behind a company network. multiple connections can be load balanced.

However, with regard to OP....I'm not equipped for such a task. I don't code, so I'm not much help. I would assume that you would need to first design a font to turn characters into bar images. (I saw this in a program I am working with) I type in a box and each English character I type corresponds with (I assume) a DB of character>bar code conversions. Each character is individually specific. So, inputting codes for product could be simple in that respect. Simply work up a proprietary code for the product description and type it in English, program translates that input to the pre-defined barcode image. Viola!

How you accomplish that logically....I have no idea. Maybe it will give you an idea on how to proceed.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mr Flops is going to get really petty and pedantic here but.... 'Voila' is a french expression which translates as something like 'There you are!' whilst a Viola is a big stringed musical instrument.

It is, I'll agree, a common typo, but a lot of folk do think it's the correct spelling, so... Oi! who threw that rotten tomato at me and shouted 'Shut up'? Come on, own up you rotter...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mr Flops is going to get really petty and pedantic here but.... 'Voila' is a french expression which translates as something like 'There you are!' whilst a Viola is a big stringed musical instrument.

It is, I'll agree, a common typo, but a lot of folk do think it's the correct spelling, so... Oi! who threw that rotten tomato at me and shouted 'Shut up'? Come on, own up you rotter...
... at least the tomato was not in its tin. :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
<looks for the proper keystroke but can only find a tomoato trapped within a tin>

:p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was doing a Yank accent ... :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
:cool:

all in good fun.

For future reference, we don't like the French much either. That gives us free reign to butcher their language it as we see fit.

:lol:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As V_R guessed, a magical spam solution was suggested by the same posters - I've just deleted it!

I'm locking the thread now to prevent any more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question