Windows 7 Backup ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have two drives, one with the os and used for all pc'ing. One for backup only.

Is the Windows 7 backup easy to set up and use ?

Can I use it to make a full backup that can be used to install everything to a new disk if the original fails, ie like a clone. ???

Ta. :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15155

Check that out. Microsoft SyncToy. I use it to do my corporate backups on the regular. echo any folder you want to another drive or location. you can have it echo from multiple and dump to one folder or drive root.

I like it as it is simple to use.

Drive cloning, use CloneZilla. Copies block for block and makes an exact bootable copy.

http://clonezilla.org/

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks I am a long term user of Karens Replicator and Clone Zilla both excellent programs.
Was looking for input about 7's backup for use by someone not as geeky as me. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dunno, I use Acronis True Image V11 and I recently backed up all four Windows OS's from my 4 machines (Win 98; XP; Vista & 7) plus a couple of Linux installs from the machine with the swap out disk caddies.

All to an external 500Gb SATA disk in a dock.

It's always worked fine for me and I picked up the Acronis software FOC from some offer or other so I'm a happy bunny.

Last restore I done was when I mistakenly installed a Linux distro over my Win XP :eek: forgot to swap out the disk caddy before install, doh :blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Last restore I done was when I mistakenly installed a Linux distro over my Win XP :eek: forgot to swap out the disk caddy before install, doh :blush:

:lol::lol::lol:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-044.gif
    www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-044.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 275
  • www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-250.gif
    www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-250.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 403
Reaction score
I tried today, for the first time to recover some EX files after Win 7 stoped responding.
Hopless, may be I don't understand how to use Win 7 built in backup & restore?
I searched via the restore wizard and could not find any of my files, so will not rely on it again.
Terry

Ask a Question