Backup Exec hangs at "99% Complete"

P

paul dorn

Admins:
I run a lot of services on our company server, one of them, the backup service is managed in software by Veritas Backup Exec v8.6. My backup job rotation was running smoothly until a week ago when I installed Veritas's DirectAssist troubleshooting software. Since then, all my jobs complete but hang at "99% complete". I've since uninstalled this software and recreated the backup jobs, but the problem persists. Restarting the BackupExec services clears the hang.

Does anyone have experience with this already?

Help!

Paul G. Dorn

M

Monty Rodgers

If you haven't done so already, check out Veritas web site and do a
search. I remember there is a registry hack to take care of this.
Sorry don't have an exact URL for you but I have run into this before.

HTH

Admins:
I run a lot of services on our company server, one of them, the backup service is managed in software by Veritas Backup Exec v8.6. My backup job rotation was running smoothly until a week ago when I installed Veritas's DirectAssist troubleshooting software. Since then, all my jobs complete but hang at "99% complete". I've since uninstalled this software and recreated the backup jobs, but the problem persists. Restarting the BackupExec services clears the hang.

Does anyone have experience with this already?

Help!

Paul G. Dorn

Monty

Ask a Question