background sound in windows mail

glittergrl72

Did anyone ever figure out why this doesn't work. I spent hours searching
for, downloading and editing a clip of a song I want to attach in emails to
prospective employers to make my resume stand out from others.

It is not open in another program.
I already went into security and did the unblock and send pictures in HTML.

My windows mail has a format button which has a background button and sounds
button. But no go, I keep getting this message that one or more of my
pictures....blah blah blah. How do I fix this?

Steve Cochran

Create a new html message. Then click in the message window and go to Format | Background | Sound and then browse to your sound file (it has to be either a wav or a midi file) and email it to yourself and see if it works okay. Then you can add the resume and such.

Depending upon what you are applying for, I think its quite inappropriate to put a sound in an email when applying for a position, but I guess you will find out whether that is the case or not.

steve

Gary VanderMolen

Unless you are applying for a position in the music recording industry,
including song in your resume would be quite inappropriate.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)