Back to XP

hogyu

I just started looking at how to wipe the Vista HP on my 5-month-old laptop
and loading my retail XP Pro from the old computer.

Now the fun begins. I have no floppy on the computer, but do have a SATA
disk. Being a stubborn sort, I tried to load the SATA driver from a thumb
drive and from a CD, even though I knew it wouldn't work and why. No luck,
of course. I have all the other XP drivers I need.

The only other possibility that occurs to me is slipstreaming the SATA
driver into the XP disk. I burned an SP2 XP disk, so I know how to follow
instructions to do that, but I have no idea how to add a driver or if you
can.

If anyone has done this and can explain it or seen a tech Web site that
shows you how, I'd appreciate a link. Thanks.

Michael Jennings

http://www.google.com/search?q=slipstream+xp

At Help2Go, whoozhe suggests a DRIVERS subdirectory:
http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Windows/Creating_an_Updated__XP_SP2_Recovery_CD.htmlIf no one responds with better advice, you could try that."hogyu" <[email protected]> wrote in messagejust started looking at how to wipe the Vista HP on my 5-month-old laptopand loading my retail XP Pro from the old computer.>> Now the fun begins. I have no floppy on the computer, but do have a SATAdisk. Being a stubborn sort, I tried to load the SATA driver from a thumbdrive and from a CD, even though I knew it wouldn't work and why. No luck,of course. I have all the other XP drivers I need.>> The only other possibility that occurs to me is slipstreaming the SATAdriver into the XP disk. I burned an SP2 XP disk, so I know how to followinstructions to do that, but I have no idea how to add a driver or if youcan.>> If anyone has done this and can explain it or seen a tech Web site thatshows you how, I'd appreciate a link. Thanks.>>