Back at last

CSB

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry I havn't been able to show my face around here for a bit. Had a problem with the PC refusing to sign me in properly on this site and kept saying something about Certificates out of date or not yet valid on normal everyday sites we all use.

Well I'm not an egghead on everything PC's, so didn't realise that it was down to the CMOS battery being nearly dead I think, and causing the date/time to go back to like 2002.

After changing the date/time earlier, I realised it fixed the issue. I never knew that having the wrong date/time could cause so much rubbish to happen. Whos idea at Microsoft was it that came up with that.

I could have been back on here days ago if I had realised thats all it would take.

Oh well, back now, Finished my PC build but not turned it on to check POST etc. Got work tomorrow but then 2 days off which I've booked so will set it all up then.

Did some decent cable management, not like a pro but all the cables are tucked away and neatly arranged.

Still got to attach the 2 SATA cables for the mechanical HDDs, but won't do that until I have installed Windows 7 on the SSD. Would be easier to do it that way surely as I'd know for sure I'm selecting the right drive as it would be the only one at the time ?.

I'll try to report back tomorrow evening.

Rob

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Welcome back CSB :wave: Glad to hear you were able to track down the problem and get it sorted.

Congrats on completing your new PC build, and good luck when you fire it up for the first time. I hope it goes smoothly for you and without any hitches. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see you again CSB :D

There's no harm in connecting the SATA drives up from the start, as you're given the option to select the install drive (and you'll be able to tell by the size displayed which is which) - although it won't do any harm waiting till after install if you want to be sure :).

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I havn't yet started up the new system as my fiancee's nephews have been staying the night.

Will install Windows later tonight I hope after they are taken back to their parents in an hour or so.

The Antec 1200 case doesn't have a case speaker and the Asus Sabertooth don't have an onboard speaker either, if it does, then they have built the worlds smallest speaker and forgot to mention it in the manual lol.

But I do have a PC speaker (red/black wire on a 4 pin header as usual), so don't see a problem with using that to hear the POST. Looks just like the same kind of black plastic shell speaker you'd get on a Graphics card that needs a molex power supply or the buzzer goes off to let you know its not connected.

I wonder why neither Antec or Asus couldn't bring themselves to include a cheap speaker. After all, these wern't cheap items, the case alone cost me just under £130 and they can't provide me with a speaker lol.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will have a proper look at other posts tomorrow as I'm eager to know what everyone has been talking about.

Look after yourself

Rob.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey CSB, i missed this thread the first time.....

Sounds like your just about ready to rock and roll then? SP1 for 7 came out a few days ago so look out for that in WU after install.

What AV etc are you planning on using? MSE is a good bet with Windows Firewall. :)

Good luck, hope it goes well, and dont forget the pics. :thumb:

Ask a Question