Awkward ****** Printer

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My somewhat old Epson C70 printer has worked fine for a number of years but I got back from holiday recently to find that it will not print when I want it to. When I switch it on it makes all the "right" noises and appears to be ready. When I check Printers in Control Panel it is ready for action with a list of print jobs in a queue. It is set as the Default Printer.

But it refuses to print, EXCEPT when I shut down the PC it actually prints all the documents just before final shut down ( and once as it rebooted). This surely indicates that all the connections are correct, and I have checked them, and that the printer does actually work.

There is another printer linked to the system, a photo printer, which works perfectly well.

Any ideas why the thing will only print at shut down? I don't want to have to shut everything down whenever I need a letter. :wall:

Ask a Question