Windows XP Automatic MS-DOS Activation

Reaction score
Hey All,
I would upload an awesome picture, but it said it was too good!

Anyway - I have been searching far and wide for this answer and the person who gives it to me will be handsomely rewarded!
What I am looking for is any kind of program that will lie in wait, but then if there is any movement inside a specific folder such as copying, moving, cutting, overwriting etc etc (excluding opening, it needs to be able to open) I need it to detect that and activate an MS-DOS Batch file.

Thank You!

Jason Darkkon
Master of Technology

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're handy with Visual Basic you should be able to code one pretty easily using this as a base :

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotne...sort=Position&view=Quick&fr=26&select=1055127

You could make it launch a batch file if it detects any activity, but you'd need to modify the code to do that. I've not used VB for a very long time, but anyone familiar with that software could probably code one based on that tutorial :)

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Woah!

Dude, that was incredible, I only made an account and posted that like, two hours ago and you may have given me an answer I have been searching for for weeks!!

I haven't looked closely at the link you gave me as it is late and that and code does not go well together, but I will certainly check it out ASAP!

I'll tell you the outcome when I'm finished, if you like!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'd be really interested in how it comes along :) Glad that was of some help!

Good luck :D

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
This question is gonna sound a bit silly perhaps, but is that the way an AV works? in the sense it monitors what programs and files are doing to see if they are "acting suspiciously". If so could you not tell your security system to monitor a particular item and inform you when something is going on. In turn this could probably report an event log for you.
Or maybe i'm just way out there.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hmm....I see what you're saying, Captain Zed, but I actually need it to open an MS-DOS Batch file, otherwise it is pointless.

Also I have no idea what an AV is! :)

Preferably I would like a C++ file, the reason being that I could compile it with Dev C++ which I already have. But I'm terrible at C++ so I'd need a pre-made code! :blush:

Also, if anybody knows how to compile an MS-DOS Batch file into an application.....! ;)

Thanks for the link, Ian, but unfortunately I do not have the required program (my Internet is too crappy to download it) and I have never learnt VB. Sorry!

Reaction score
Dragonich said:
Hmm....I see what you're saying, Captain Zed, but I actually need it to open an MS-DOS Batch file, otherwise it is pointless.

Also I have no idea what an AV is! :)

Preferably I would like a C++ file, the reason being that I could compile it with Dev C++ which I already have. But I'm terrible at C++ so I'd need a pre-made code! :blush:

Also, if anybody knows how to compile an MS-DOS Batch file into an application.....! ;)

Thanks for the link, Ian, but unfortunately I do not have the required program (my Internet is too crappy to download it) and I have never learnt VB. Sorry!

Hi,

AV means Anti Virus, :)

Ask a Question