automatic action upon loading CD-ROM?

Peter Sale

Use to be when I loaded a CD-ROM that XP Pro would ask me what action to take with the data on the CD. At that time I thought I would always want no action to take place, and so I selected no action, and indicated that this was to be the default action from then on. Now I would like to change the default action to something else but don't know how to do so when XP isn't prompting me with choices. Where in XP can I go to do this?

Lynn W

I could be wrong as you will see from my many posts I am very new to XP, but
I think you right click on the CD drive and select Properties. There is a
tab Autoplay and in there you can make your selections for different types
of files. Hope I've got it right for you.

--
Lynn
Remove Spam Trap if replying personally
"Peter Sale" <psale at attglobal dot net> wrote in message
Use to be when I loaded a CD-ROM that XP Pro would ask me what action to
take with the data on the CD. At that time I thought I would always want no
action to take place, and so I selected no action, and indicated that this
was to be the default action from then on. Now I would like to change the
default action to something else but don't know how to do so when XP isn't
prompting me with choices. Where in XP can I go to do this?

Peter Sale

Hi Lynn,
Many thanks. That was it.

Peter Sale