Automate Restore Point

Cody

Hello friends:

Is there a way to automate 'system recovery' restore point in Windows XP? I
am trying to automate the process of creating a restore point everyday at
5pm, but I am not sure if there is way to accomplish this task with group
policies or task scheduler. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

See also:

How to automatically create a System Restore point upon the first boot up of
the day?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/createrp.htm

How To Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
Instrumentation in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295299

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Cody" <none> wrote in message Hello friends:

Is there a way to automate 'system recovery' restore point in Windows XP? I
am trying to automate the process of creating a restore point everyday at
5pm, but I am not sure if there is way to accomplish this task with group
policies or task scheduler. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Jerold Schulman

Hello friends:

Is there a way to automate 'system recovery' restore point in Windows XP? I
am trying to automate the process of creating a restore point everyday at
5pm, but I am not sure if there is way to accomplish this task with group
policies or task scheduler. Appreciate your help. Thanks.
See tip 8975 » How can I create a Restore Point in Windows XP, from the command-line, or from a batch?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
[...]

Happy

XP establishes a system restore point everyday, doesn't it? Were you just
wanting to do it at a particular time?

Bert Kinney

Hi,

Restore Points are normally created every 24 hours. Sufficient idle time
is required to for and an automatic restore point to be created. There
are other anomalies that can cause automatic restore point creation
failures. This is why manual restore points may need to be created on a
schedule.